International Shipping

croptopband
9 0 0

Hi there!

I am having trouble enabling International Shipping.  Im a US store but want to start shipping to Canada.  I have watched the Shopify tutorial on how to set this up and my screen looks identical on the back end as instructed by the tutorial.  However, when you go to the online store, Canada is not an option for shipping.  Please Advise asap.

Thank you 

Jess

Replies 7 (7)
Blair
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1511 214 183

Hi @croptopband,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with shipping, to ensure this gets resolved.

In order to successfully ship internationally, you will need to create a shipping zone that includes the country or region you'd like to ship too. For more information on how to create a shipping zone, you can check out our Setting Up Shipping & Delivery document as it touches on this further. 

To create a shipping zone for Canada, you can: 

• Head to Settings > Shipping and delivery, from the Shopify admin. 
  • Next to the shipping profile where you want to add a shipping zone, click Manage.

• Next to the group of locations where you want to add a shipping zone, click Create shipping zone.

• Enter a name for the shipping zone.

• Select the country (i.e Canada) that you want to be in the zone.

• Click Done.

• Add any rates that you want for the zone, and then click Save.

If after completing these steps, Canada continues to remain unavailable, you can Contact Support for further investigation. This will allow our advisor team to take a closer look as we're unable to access account specific information through the Community. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

croptopband
9 0 0

thanks Blair for the speedy response!

Yup I have done all of these steps so I will go ahead and contact support as you have advised! thanks so much 

croptopband
9 0 0

Hi Blair, The link you sent just takes me back to the community question forum.  not sure if there's a help ticket I can file or a chat I can set up with a support member and they can take a look at the back end of my store?

Blair
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1511 214 183

Hi @croptopband,

Thanks for giving those steps a try! 

To contact support, you can head to our Support Page and log into your shop. Once logged in, you can then select a topic (i.e Starting a store), and scroll to the bottom of the page to view all available support options. You will have the option to start a live chat, send an email, or request a call back with us. 

Let me know if you continue running into any issues, as I'm happy to help! 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tggenamho
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey there! I totally understand your frustration with trying to set up international shipping.

croptopband
9 0 0
I was able to connect with someone in the help center live chat! We have
fixed the problem.
thanks so much
tggenamho
Visitor
2 0 1

I've been there before and it can be a bit tricky. Have you double checked that you've selected Canada as an eligible country for shipping in your Shopify settings? Also, have you ensured that you've entered the correct shipping rates for Canada? If everything looks good on your end, it might be worth reaching out to Shopify support for further assistance. On another note, if you're looking to expand your shipping options to Austria, there are many affordable road freight services available, you might want to look into them. Good luck!