Solved

Invoice Payment failed: Transaction failed

TylerH13
Visitor
1 0 0

In an attempt to cancel my account, I get the following message. "Invoice Payment failed: Transaction failed". Even though my account is paid through the 25th of February and I have a card linked to my account with sufficient funds. How can I fix this and cancel my subscription?

Accepted Solution (1)
Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kkancs,

Thanks for letting me know, we can help you close your Shopify store for sure but I can't do so here on a public thread just for security/authentication reasons. When you have a moment, please contact our live chat, email or callback support here for further assistance. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @TylerH13,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query and for letting us know! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are hoping to close your store. How have you found the platform so far? 

When this occurs, it normally means that there was a pending invoice for an app, transaction rates or shipping fees as mentioned here. So the system is trying to invoice you now before you close the store instead of adding it to next months invoice. Have you been able to close the store since? To take a closer look at the invoice in question, you should be able to see this information within the Settings > Billing > Invoices section of your admin. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

erifik
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem with my store, and i have already paid the invoice yet it does not let me close my store. 

Please help me with this. 

02-24-m2ofo-43oiz

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @erifik,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting me know!

Just double checking this for you and going by your screenshot, it appears as though there's a pending app charge, which the system is trying to accept payment for before you close the store. If you click into the 'View Details' section as outlined in my screenshot below, I'd recommend taking a look at the app in question and then reaching out to the app developer for an app credit note, so you won't be charged. Once a credit note is applied to the account, you should be able to close the account.

Please note that app developers are not obligated to issue credit notes depending on when the billing period for the app began, however, if you are planning on closing the door they might be able to do so. The app store here should have the app's support page listed but please let me know if you can not locate this information

02-58-c1cav-p1f0d

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help! Our 24/7 Support is available here too if you would prefer a faster response. Just click Support > Contact Support in the main menu for more info.

Many thanks, 

kkancs
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey. Can you help me to close my shopify store because it says that i have invoice payment failed,but i don't have that much money to pay my monthly billing and i don't want to own my shopify store.

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kkancs,

Thanks for letting me know, we can help you close your Shopify store for sure but I can't do so here on a public thread just for security/authentication reasons. When you have a moment, please contact our live chat, email or callback support here for further assistance. 

Many thanks, 

Drashti
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, I have the same problem can you help me out? I do have outstanding app fees account but I did delete the app.

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Drashti,

Thanks for letting me know, we can help you close your Shopify store for sure but as mentioned above, we can't do so here on a public thread just for security/authentication reasons. When you have a moment, please contact our live chat, email or callback support here for further assistance. 

Many thanks,