Solved

Is it common to pay 2% transaction fees on ecommerce platforms?

H-e-n-k-B-r-w-r
Excursionist
31 2 7

Is it normal that shopify is allowed to charge 2 procent transaction fees, PERSONALLY I DONT THINK ITS NORMAL, I use a third party to handle the transaction and them I have to pay a fee what is normal. Where does it come from what is the use, I allready pay a monthly fee that should cover these things.

 

Do other platforms charge a fee like this?

 

Tell me how you deal with this.

Accepted Solution (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1986 261 234

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @H-e-n-k-B-r-w-r,

 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with third-party payment providers, to ensure this gets resolved. 

 

To share some insight, third-party transaction fees are expected when using a third-party payment provider on the platform. This fee will depend on the subscription plan you select, but can begin at as low as 2.0% per transaction.

 

While I can completely understand the impact of this, transaction fees are charged to cover the cost for Shopify to integrate with these external payment providers. Additionally, it's important to also keep in mind that these third-party payment providers may have fees of their own. For more information on transaction fees, you can check out our Charges Documentation for more details.  

 

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1986 261 234

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @H-e-n-k-B-r-w-r,

 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with third-party payment providers, to ensure this gets resolved. 

 

To share some insight, third-party transaction fees are expected when using a third-party payment provider on the platform. This fee will depend on the subscription plan you select, but can begin at as low as 2.0% per transaction.

 

While I can completely understand the impact of this, transaction fees are charged to cover the cost for Shopify to integrate with these external payment providers. Additionally, it's important to also keep in mind that these third-party payment providers may have fees of their own. For more information on transaction fees, you can check out our Charges Documentation for more details.  

 

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

H-e-n-k-B-r-w-r
Excursionist
31 2 7

I found this information already, but the fact that you are saying has cost with intergrating external payment providers, Do you hear what you are saying, I have 15 more apps intergrated to shopify where i may pay a fee too. I pay shopify a monthly fee for all this.

 

What is the  cost when I use shopify payments, maybe shopify charges a fee for third party payments because to force us to use shopify payments, i  the world they call this a cartel and that is forbidden.

 

Henk

Danielp2023
Tourist
4 0 1

I 100% agree! What’s the subscription fee for?? It adds up when you get charged say 7% for Afterpay and then Shopify adds another 2%! A total of 9% of the sale price, it’s disgusting, they’re just exploiting the merchants