Solved

Issue: "Your payment gateway was in test mode when this order was created" even though we're not....

ceriouslybaby
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi there,

We keep receiving the message "Your payment gateway was in test mode when this order was created". However we aren't in test mode.

How come we keep seeing this message and how can this be solved?

ceriouslybaby_0-1619777250094.png

If relevant: We are using Stripe as a third-party payment and Multibanco.

ceriouslybaby_1-1619777319096.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@ceriouslybaby 

Strange! Is the error appearing on new orders when "test mode" is disabled? Or is this error only appearing on orders where "test" mode was enabled? 

The error will not be removed from any order where "test mode" was enabled; however, it should not appear on any new order when "test mode" is disabled. If the error is appearing on new orders when "test mode" is disabled then please reach out to Shopify Support for further assistance. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@ceriouslybaby 

If you click "Manage" for Stripe, do you see the test mode enabled?

ceriouslybaby
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi @Trevor ,

No the test mode isn't enabled... 

ceriouslybaby_0-1620027809181.png

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@ceriouslybaby 

Strange! Is the error appearing on new orders when "test mode" is disabled? Or is this error only appearing on orders where "test" mode was enabled? 

The error will not be removed from any order where "test mode" was enabled; however, it should not appear on any new order when "test mode" is disabled. If the error is appearing on new orders when "test mode" is disabled then please reach out to Shopify Support for further assistance. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

ceriouslybaby
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi @Trevor ,

This error is indeed appearing on new orders when "test mode" is disabled.

I'll contact Shopify support. Thanks!