Issue with UPS account, can't print labels

Jennifer_McMill
Excursionist
40 0 9
This is what i did, look at some of your tracking numbers and the 6 digits after 1Z are your account number. Call ups and I’ll have to see if I still have the number but you have to talk to the department that handles accounts. I told them what was going on and they said Shopify closed my account for inactivity which is ridiculous. I think it might be a glitch. It took either a day or day and half for them to get it turned back on. As far as I know Shopify did nothing to help. I still haven’t received a reply from the help ticket that was created last Friday. Try going through UPS and see if they can help you!
lauriekort
5 0 0

Thank you - mine isn't fixed yet and the manual entries and amount of money that I am paying over what the customer paid is killing us.

Appreciate your feedback - on this first thing Monday!

Thank you and happy new year - Laurie

0 Likes
palmsfashion
2 0 0

We just resolved this issue by looking at our previous UPS tracking number to gleam into our account number in question (with Shopify)

See the six alpha/digit number in the tracking number (see below) and call UPS and resolve any outstanding balance and viola! 

1Z[XXXXXX]0300092519

Hope this helps!

Show more

•  
0 Likes
Minton224
Tourist
5 0 6

For anyone reading this thread and wants to avoid the nightmare Shopify caused me - if you get this error:

There is a problem with your UPS account, please contact shipping-ups@shopify

All you do is find an old label and the first 6 (six) digits after the 1Z is your account number - 1Zxxxxxx09873 - call UPS and give them your account number and they will most likely tell you there is a small outstanding balance (mine was $30) - you pay them with a credit card and they turn it back on immediately! Shopify couldn't figure this out at all - 5 days of responses telling me to wait................grrrrr...... I hope this can help someone not have to deal with what I did!

sigrid1
Tourist
4 0 0

Has printing UPS labels been resolved?  If so, what do we need to do to print UPS labels.   We get the message "  A systems error has occurred"  "There was a problem with buying a shipping label."  these are US domestic labels. 

We don't have any issues printing UPS labels when we go directly to UPS.   Would appreciate any comments to resolve this issue as we are paying a higher rate with our UPS account.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
Minton224
Tourist
5 0 6
You have to contact UPS and give them the shopify account number - which is in the tracking number (Google how) - you probably owe them something. I owed $20 somehow. I paid it and it got fixed right away. 
0 Likes
sigrid1
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you.  I will call and find out what UPS may need to do to make this work.  We are not aware that we owe UPS anything as they have our credit card on file for charges.  We ship larger international shipments with UPS which they charge directly to our UPS account/credit card.   Thank you...   

0 Likes
sigrid1
Tourist
4 0 0

No, issue has not yet been resolved.  We have updated everything and followed the instructions.  As of today we are still not able to print UPS labels on Shopify.  Still getting the msg. " There was a problem buying shipping labels", and "  A system error has occurred and is being investigated".  We have to print UPS labels on UPS which costs us more and is more time consuming.  We were hoping all the updates would resolve this issue.  

0 Likes