Limit COD on Payment Option ? and still there are no solid solution for one page checkout.

semihsahinler
6 0 0

I open up the same topic since there is no action for solving this issue. 
For instance: There are 2 shipping rates : first is standart shipping for credit card payments and the second shipping rates for the cod. It is not possible to hide cash on delivery(cod)  if customers choose standart shipping rates, this create lack of confidence for customers since we had to call the them and  cancel the order. Or send them an awful awful email about why this happens. Although shopify staff said they are working on it it is really sad that it has been several years past and still there are no solution. I had several business on shopify however, I started feeling that I should move my businesses to another platforms already.  While mention this I would like to make an addition , many platforms offers one page check out which is still not available at shopify regular plans and if we want it , we need to pay more then 2500$ for plus plan . Really sad that they took  money from lower plans and make available everything for shopify plus plan which only big business  can afford it. I lost my patience since convert rates decrease by these problems. 

Regards

Semih Şahinler

Replies 4 (4)

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 61

Hi @semihsahinler 

If you are using the shipping rates trick to add a fee for your Cash on Delivery orders now you can use our app to solve this issue!

The app is free to install and you can use it on any Shopify plan and in every country of the world.

You can check it out on the Shopify App Store here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee

When the customer selects Cash on Delivery on the payment methods page at checkout they will see the additional fee and our app will add the fee to that order so you will be able to have normal shipping rates on your store because the fee is added automatically by our app.

If you need help don't hesitate to reply to this post!

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)
semihsahinler
6 0 0

This app only provide and additional automated email for customer while re-editing each cod order ,you can see it bellow where flow shared ,also app adds  an extra product to your order( cash on delivery fee). Like they said it only inform the after checkout. You can not put min order limit for cod. So customers can order 5$ products by using cod which something we do not want it. Sorry that I had to share it as my native language . Kapıda ödeme means cod.  It is really sad that we had to try using third parties since Shopify does not take any action on this.  Fix this Shopify!!!

ssss

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 61

Hi @semihsahinler 

With our app your customers will see the additional fee while they checkout when they select the Cash on Delivery payment method, this way you will solve the issue of having customers selecting the prepaid shipping rate and then still completing the order with COD. You can find more info on this on our app Fee Settings.

Payment methods in Shopify are global, and it's not possible to hide them in any way unless you are on Shopify Plus, so it's not possible to set an order total limit for Cash on Delivery becasue the COD option will still appear for all customers.

Let me know if you need help!

Best regards

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)
semihsahinler
6 0 0

I appreciate that you are trying to help on this issue but this is why I created this topic. I know that shopify plus plan has this features however, I believe this is time for a change  since we waited more then 2 years , company should provide something valuable for their customers. 

Regards