Can I combine local delivery and percentage discounts on Shopify?

Organiqa-D
Explorer
46 0 11

Hi Shopify Community, 

I am about to launch my page soon and during testing I am facing different (very upsetting) problems. 

One of them is that I am not able to combine Local Delivery and % discounts>
I understand that Shopify (or my plan: Dawn 4.0.0) doesn't let to combine two discounts, but as the local delivery does not show up at the Discount section (not even as an automated discount), I don't understand why is it a problem. 

Can anyone suggest me a solution, please? 
Thanks a lot!

Barbara

Replies 9 (9)
Organiqa-D
Explorer
46 0 11

Thanks @Diademic , 
I'll keep this option in mind for later as well. 

Organiqa-D
Explorer
46 0 11

Hi @Nia,

So this is the problem above I am facing with Local delivery and % discount. 
I appreciate your help!

Barbara at Organiqa-D

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

I just want to gather clarify the context here. Are you wanting to have customers who choose Local Delivery to be able to use discounts at the checkout also?

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Organiqa-D
Explorer
46 0 11

Hi @Nia ,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. 

Yes, that is the goal, just as you said.  To have customers who choose Local Delivery to be able to use discounts at the checkout.

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

Thank you for further clarifying that for me. Local Delivery and Discounts should work together as I've just completed a test of this myself. Are you possibly able to send through a screenshot of this not working when you do a test run on your store please?

I'll be able to better understand which section we can find the solution for this in!

Organiqa-D
Explorer
46 0 11

Hi @Nia ,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me.

I created the screenshots for you.
On the first, I applied the discount (95%).
On the second the shipping cost appears, even though the zip code is the one I added for the local delivery. 
I also made a screenshot for you to see the settings in Shipping / Local delivery. 
I hope that helps to figure it out, and I appreciate your help a lot!
Thanks, 

Barbara

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

Thank you so much for attaching those screenshots.

• Do you have more than one location active within your Location settings?
  • Are you able to test this out by adding another post code into your Local Delivery settings and try checking out with another item or a few items please?

It would be much quicker if we were able to test this on your store ourselves so you can get onto launching so if you would like, I would also recommend reaching out to our Support Advisors on Live Chat / Callbacks who will be able to assist you in a more timely manner as well as being able to access the backend of your store so they can determine much quicker where the changes should be made.

Organiqa-D
Explorer
46 0 11

Hi @Nia ,

Thanks for keeping an eye on me 🙂

No, I have only one location. I can try to add another zip code and test again. I will let you know. 
Although, I have opened my store anyway, if it makes a difference for you to try it out. The store can be found here https://organiqa.de

Organiqa-D
Explorer
46 0 11

Hi @Nia

Thanks for the tip, it works if I add another zip code to Local Delivery. 

The only problem is, that I don't want to add another zip code, as it would be and extra for me to manage local deliver that is not local for me... 
Do you have any idea how to make it work with just 1 zip code? 

Thanks a lot!!

Organiqa-D