Local Delivery weight restriction without overriding other shipping settings

chrisgraeme
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to limit the eligibility for Local Delivery to orders weighing under a certain limit.  From what I can see, this doesn't seem to be possible within the standard Shopify options (please correct me if there's a way?).  From what I've seen in other posts, third party apps (eg Zapiet Store Pickup + Delivery) seem to be recommended.

The issue that I am having is that we want to be able to set the weight limit for local delivery without overriding the other Shipping settings/integrations for the vast majority of orders - ie the store currently uses Shippit for all orders (other than local delivery) and wants to continue to do so.

The Zappiet solutions does seem to take control of the shipping and as I understand it would conflict with Shippit (again, pls correct me if I'm wrong).

So, in summary, I'm looking for the cleanest possible way to add a weight limit to the Local Delivery eligibility whilst still using Shippit for all traditional shipping.

Many thanks, Chris

Replies 2 (2)

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

Hi @chrisgraeme,

From what I understand, it isn't possible to set up the weight restriction for Local Delivery in the native Shopify Shipping & delivery settings. There are weight conditions in Shopify but they don't appear to work with the Local Delivery settings.

If you're open to looking at a third-party solution, Intuitive Shipping lets you create a Shipping Scenario with both weight and distance-based or location-based conditions. For example, you can have a Scenario with 2 Conditions: Weight > Greater than or equals > 10 lbs, Distance > Less than or equals > 20 km. Alternatively, you can use postal code conditions instead of distance. This guide from our help center can provide you with more information about how this would look (note: the weight condition is not included in the guide, but it's easy enough to add it to the setup).

Intuitive Shipping doesn't have any known conflicts with shipping fulfillment apps. I'm not that familiar with Shippit, but assuming it works similarly to other apps (like ShipStation for example), then there should be no issue. If you're currently using Shopify for rate calculation at checkout, you would have to move all of your rates into Intuitive Shipping as our system can't override Shopify rates. There would be no way for our system to prevent rates from Shopify from appearing in certain circumstances. However, you can set up multiple Scenarios in our system so that Local Delivery/ Weight-based rates show up when needed and other rates show up at other times.

If you'd like to learn more about Intuitive Shipping, please book a demo with one of our team members who would be happy to give you a live walk-through.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles

Kitty_Zapiet
Shopify Partner
78 1 3

Hi there, 

Sorry for the delay in replying- we have only just seen this post.  

Our Store Pickup + Delivery app can help you restrict local delivery by weight using our conditional activation feature to disable or enable that method depending on the weight in the cart.  You can customise the wording and instructional text of our widget to in form customers. It is also possible to integrate a variety of apps, including rates providers for shipping and local delivery.

If you need any more assistance or information you can email us at supprt@zapiet.com, you can also start a live chat via the Support tab in the Store Pickup + Delivery app or by visiting www.zapiet.com.

Take care, 

Kitty