Local Delivery well within our 15mile radius, see error message

DaveClark
Excursionist
39 0 10

Some items in your cart can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again.

https://aboc-solid-fuels.myshopify.com/

we are at: NE26 4SQ

delivery postcode: NE25 9DZ   ,  7 mile away - our radius is 15mile

This message is purely down to postcode and many within that area: NE25 and NE26

Replies 8 (8)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @DaveClark 

Sorry to hear one of your customers is having troubles finding your local delivery option. I ran a quick order by bringing a product to the cart and using the post code you shared for shipping, and I was able to see the local delivery option. 

Have you tested the order yourself to see if you can get the option to come up? There are some common requirements for local delivery to work below, see if you can spot something: 

• All physical products in the cart are eligible for delivery from one location.
  • The delivery location has the inventory available to fulfill the entire order.
  • The customer doesn't choose an accelerated checkout method other than Shop Pay in the first step of the checkout. If the customer pays using Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal, then the local delivery option isn't available.
  • The customer's delivery address can be verified by Google. At checkout, customers can use the dropdown menu of suggested addresses to select a verified address.

That being said, it sounds like this customer isn't getting any shipping options at all, do you offer regular shipping as well, or only local delivery?

Can you try entering the customer's address into Google Maps and see if perhaps it needs to be entered in a different format? Sometimes Google prefers address components (such as unit numbers, etc) in a different order than they are used to. 

Let me know how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

DaveClark
Excursionist
39 0 10

Hi Hilary.  Thanks for the quick reply.
I just retested with regular sold products, same problem, its not the products.

Its not the payments either, see next.

Tested NE25 9DZ and other close by postcodes, some work, some don't.  Even the next street, NE25 9DS that worked.  The issue is with the postcode/address, specifically NE25 9DZ.  Checked Google address and all looks good.  I agree, must be something to do with the address but how can I ascertain that.

You say "At checkout, customers can use the dropdown menu of suggested addresses to select a verified address.".  I don't get that dropown

I made a change yesterday, allowing customers to checkout without creating an account.  Could it be that?

DaveClark
Excursionist
39 0 10

I've tried six streets bordering NE25 9DZ via Google Maps, all city=Whitley Bay, some work, some don't.  Could this be Shopify rather than google related?

DaveClark
Excursionist
39 0 10

Just tried on my phone.  Number 27 and 25 fails but number 21 and 23 work.  Help!!!

DaveClark
Excursionist
39 0 10

Hilary.  Did you see my last comment on the house numbers?

DaveClark
Excursionist
39 0 10

I'm getting the same issue well wihin our 15mile radius

67 NE4 5PD fails

but 63 NE4 5PD works

help please?   This is down to house numbers, why would some work, some not.

DaveClark
Excursionist
39 0 10
Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi again! 

Thanks for your detailed responses. Hm, I've been trying to test with different house numbers, but I haven't been able to get it to fail. 

Where are you entering the house numbers? In the first address line? I also haven't been able to find any further information on this being a known issue, so I'm not sure why it's not working as expected!

I think the best thing from here you can do is to reach out to our Support team directly and report this. This way, a Support Advisor can have access to your account, and you can share further information (like customer addresses, etc) in a secure support channel. You'll be able to troubleshoot and test together this way. We're not able to provide account-specific support via the Community. 

To reach our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search for the issue you need help with, for example "local delivery issues" then look for the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request. If necessary, our Support team can then reach out to an escalated team for further assistance if required. 

Thanks for your troubleshooting via the Community here. Let us know how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.