Can Shopify support multi-location local pickup for my clothing stores?

Marie-Lou-Line
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! I have two clothing stores that both offer local pickup. Our problem is that we want to enable our customers to use both locations, even if the product is not available in one of the shops. We transport our products every week between our two stores. We want to offer flexibility to our customers, that the pickup function is available for both stores, and transport the goods internally. Is this functionality possible? Best regards Line Steen

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@Marie-Lou-Line 

The primary rule for local pickup is that all products in the cart need to have available inventory at a single location which needs to have local pickup enabled. Technically if both locations always had inventory (as far as your admin was concerned) for all products, your customers would be free to choose either location. The downside of this though would be the inventory would technically be unlimited and you'd need to stay on top of those product transfers. but up to them.

In short, it is possible, but in order to make it work, it would run the risk of overselling the product(s), while also adding additional fulfillment time in order for the products to be shipped back and forth between the stores. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog