Solved

Why isn't the local pickup option showing at checkout on my website?

janiemurphy10
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello! I just launched our website last night and I have had customers informing me that there isn't a local pickup option available at checkout. I have enabled local pickup at the correct location and correctly set the fulfillment priorities. I am not sure what else to try; it seems like everything is correct on the back end, and even shows "local pickup available at this location" when a customer is adding a product to the cart. It just doesn't give them a button to choose local pickup.

I am using the theme "debut" if that helps narrow down the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @janiemurphy10 

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Sorry to hear you've been having troubles with your local pickup settings.

Have you tried to add a product to the cart in your store and test to see if local pickup works for you? This is a great way to start troubleshooting. Are you able to recreate what's happening to the customers?

Aside from this, have you run through the Before setting up local pickup help document, as well as our Set up local pick up help document? It's important to run through each step in detail if you haven't already. 

From there, I'll list a few common reasons why it might not be working: 

• Customers must pay for their order with a credit card, debit card or Shop Pay. If the customer pays using Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal, then the pickup option is not available. These are not currently supported for local pickup. 
  • All products in the cart must be available at a pickup location. Make sure to stock inventory at the pickup locations.
  • All products in the cart must be physical products. Click here for the help document.
  • You must have shipping zones set up for the regions where you'd like to offer local pickup in order for the option to appear at checkout. Note: you don't need to have rates setup in those zones. 

Let us know how all of this goes. Are you able to see the local pick up option at checkout when you do a test order yourself? How many locations do you have, and how many offer local pickup? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @janiemurphy10 

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Sorry to hear you've been having troubles with your local pickup settings.

Have you tried to add a product to the cart in your store and test to see if local pickup works for you? This is a great way to start troubleshooting. Are you able to recreate what's happening to the customers?

Aside from this, have you run through the Before setting up local pickup help document, as well as our Set up local pick up help document? It's important to run through each step in detail if you haven't already. 

From there, I'll list a few common reasons why it might not be working: 

• Customers must pay for their order with a credit card, debit card or Shop Pay. If the customer pays using Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal, then the pickup option is not available. These are not currently supported for local pickup. 
  • All products in the cart must be available at a pickup location. Make sure to stock inventory at the pickup locations.
  • All products in the cart must be physical products. Click here for the help document.
  • You must have shipping zones set up for the regions where you'd like to offer local pickup in order for the option to appear at checkout. Note: you don't need to have rates setup in those zones. 

Let us know how all of this goes. Are you able to see the local pick up option at checkout when you do a test order yourself? How many locations do you have, and how many offer local pickup? 

janiemurphy10
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks!!! I had tried multiple times to checkout myself as a trial run and had a few customers let me overview their checkout process as well.

To fix the problem, I created a shipping zone named local pickup and set the rate to free and it is now available to my online customers! 

Thanks for the speedy reply and support!

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Thanks for the reply, happy to hear you've found a solution for your customers to be able to select local pickup at checkout - however, I'll let you know that this is not how local pick up is intended to work! 

You shouldn't need to set a "local pickup" shipping rate, as this just avoids using the local pickup feature all together. When local pickup is enabled and working as intended, your customers should get to select Ship or Pick up on the Information page at checkout. This will save them the hassle of entering their shipping details. As well, this way you'll be able to easily identify which orders require local pickup. Here's a screenshot of the Information page on the checkout when local pickup is enabled (and eligible for all items in the cart): 

24-44-6245-45353

In order to troubleshoot this further, I'd delete the local pickup rate you've created as a work around. Once you've done this, and you've checked all of the suggested settings I listed in my previous reply. Can you let me know if you see the local pickup eligibily under the product on the product page? It looks like this in Debut (note: US Location is my test location name, yours will be different): 

24-34-61773-3304

From there, if you can see this on the product page, but you're not seeing the option shown above for Pick up on the Information page of the checkout, my next suggestion is to try turning local pick up off, and back on again. It may sound silly, but I was having trouble getting it to appear in my own test store at the checkout, and turning it off (and saving) and turning it back on (and saving) did the trick! You can do this under Settings > Shipping and Delivery > Local pickup > Manage. 

Let me know how this goes! If you're still having issues after this, it may be easiest to reach out to our Support team directly. We're not able to provide account-specific support via the Community, but our Support team will be able to look at the admin settings of your store with you and help troubleshoot this issue further. 

TheTrophyStore
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for your guide. I was struggling with this for such a long time, I am finally able to activate the Pickup option at the Cart.

for the momnet, I enter most of my customer order as Admin Orders but do not have the option to assign a Pickup. Would you be able to guide me so I can activate the Pickup option for Admin orders?

Thanks, Roy

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

@TheTrophyStore wrote:

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for your guide. I was struggling with this for such a long time, I am finally able to activate the Pickup option at the Cart.

for the momnet, I enter most of my customer order as Admin Orders but do not have the option to assign a Pickup. Would you be able to guide me so I can activate the Pickup option for Admin orders?

Thanks, Roy

Hi, Roy!

Happy to hear that you've successfully activated the local pickup option for your store.

At this time, it isn't possible to assign pickup for draft orders. This means that the customer won't receive an automated email to let them know when their order is ready for pickup. If you're manually entering a credit card or otherwise marking the order as paid, you'll need to manually notify the customer that the order is ready.

If you are sending the customer an invoice so that they complete the checkout process on their own, you can instruct them to select "Return to information" at checkout, which will allow them to select the Pickup option instead of Ship.

What I can do for you in the meantime is let our developers know that you'd like to see local pickup as an option on draft orders. I understand that this would streamline the process both for you and your customers, so I'm happy to submit this feature request.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

nh_obox
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks! Disabling pickup at the main location and re-enabling worked for me.