Solved

Message "Your payment gateway was in test mode when this order was created"

dorfke
Excursionist
34 1 3

Hi, 

I recieved today my first real order but when I clicked on the order I got the following message: "Test order".

"Your payment gateway was in test mode when this order was created"

When I further analyze the order, I can see I received a payment although the initial payment was declined. They then used another payment method which was successful. 

Do I still need to change anything, because all of my payment methods are set up correctly?

Accepted Solution (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @dorfke,

Thank you confirming all of this. I'll need to take a closer look at this for you to determine the problem, so I will be sending an email to the address linked to your forums profile shortly. Please keep an eye out for that email and get back to me there so we can discuss this in further detail.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @dorfke,

Thank you for getting in touch and asking your question. Could you please confirm with payment gateway you have enabled for credit card payments? When the initial payment method failed for the customer, which secondary payment method did they use that resulted in the transaction being completed?

If you're using Shopify Payments to process payments, it can indeed be put into test mode - however, you'll want to ensure this mode is disabled when you are ready to start accepting real orders and payments from customers. You can see our documentation on this mode here.

Kind regards,

dorfke
Excursionist
34 1 3

hey @Victor 

thanks: I'm using Mollie as a payment provider. They first used bancontact (the preferred payment method in Belgium) but that failed. They then completed it via the KBC button (one of the banks in Belgium). That succeeded. 

Today I got a new order which failed in the first instance and then succeeded after a second time according to Shopify but when I check my payment provider it doesn't show a payment. In Mollie (the payment provider) there is also a test mode (but which is not activated) and when I check the history in there I can see the failed payments. I will contact them tomorrow but I think it's strange that Shopify is also telling me it's a test order. Any idea how I can change this?

See also screenshot from the order attached

order.png

Thanks

Wim

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @dorfke,

Thank you confirming all of this. I'll need to take a closer look at this for you to determine the problem, so I will be sending an email to the address linked to your forums profile shortly. Please keep an eye out for that email and get back to me there so we can discuss this in further detail.

Kind regards,

Xing
13 0 0

My website also has payment issues. I can see that the customer clicked on CHECKOUT but there is no more behind(by shopify App Repaly). And my facebook pixel report shows that there are 5 Initiate checkout, but my shopify has orders even no abandoned orders in the background!

Visitor
1 0 0

I am currently having the same issue I have had my store open for over a year on test mode and just realized today that it was not now my sales are not reflected? The payouts show that the money is coming through but it’s not showing on my daily dashboard view 

@Victor wrote:

Hi @dorfke,

Kind regards,

Victor
Shopify Staff
2393 224 515

Hi @954,

That is strange. Can you tell me which payment gateway you are using to process payments? Have you been keeping track of the money you have been due to be receiving, and is there a full accounting of it? If you have been receiving payouts for your orders then the gateway being used should not be in test mode, however if you answer these questions we can begin to look into this in more detail.

Kind regards,

kiwiturk
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Test order

Your payment gateway was in test mode when this order was created.i am receiving orders but payments are not coming trough i am excited and i need help asap