Meta, facebook orders do not have a shipping confirmation email sent

Meta, facebook orders do not have a shipping confirmation email sent

DavidWard1
Excursionist
40 1 11

We switched our site to have Facebook and Instagram orders be processed on Facebook and Instagram.

Any order that comes through from either Facebook or Instagram never get a shipping confirmation email.

I have spoken with both Shopify and Meta about the issue and both confirm that this is the way it works.

Has anyone found a work around to have Facebook and Instagram orders receive a shipping confirmation email?

I have tried to create a flow to achieve this with no luck, yet.

**This is a HUGE issue, because without checkout on Facebook and Instagram we cannot tag products in posts and it hobbles our advertising on Facebook and Instagram.

Replies 5 (5)

DavidWard1
Excursionist
40 1 11

***UPDATE***

This issue has not been resolved, but I did figure out a work around.

I setup a flow that emails me when a FB/IG order comes in and I go into the order and manually send them the tracking in a pre-make email template.

If I find a better solution I will post it here.

almurray10
Visitor
2 0 6

Also very interested to see a solution to this. Pretty bizarre that Meta and/or Shopify wouldn't have this covered in their base functionality.

DavidWard1
Excursionist
40 1 11

Yes, bizarre that an order confirmation/shipping email is not created at all.

In the email we send I include info on how to retrieve their order info on FB/IG and tracking info from our site.

e.g.

Congratulations! Your purchase through Facebook/Instagram was successfully received by xxxxxxxxxxx.com. Your order is now being prepared and will ship shortly. For more information on processing times, visit xxxxxxxxxxx.com/help.

For order tracking information, create an account on xxxxxxxxxxx.com using the email associated with your Facebook/Instagram account. Once an account is created, you will be able to find your order information, including tracking. This information is not available through Facebook or Instagram.

If you have any issues with your order, please let us know at help@xxxxxxxxxxx.com. If you wish to return or exchange your item, please log into your MichaelAram.com account to find your order number (WEB#####) or check your Facebook/Instagram receipt for the “Seller order number”. You can visit our returns and refunds portal michaelaram.com/returns, using your above order number to quickly process your request.

All the best,
Customer Experience

ctwork3120
Excursionist
27 0 25

Any update on this? It is honestly totally insane that this is an issue Shopify hasn't solved for...

DavidWard1
Excursionist
40 1 11

I have not found a solution, I am sorting all orders by Meta (FB & IG) then manually emailing every customer and tagging the order with "Sent Email" each morning.