Why hasn't my Shopify sale payment been transferred?

ginostinziani
Visitor
1 0 0

I made a sale on august 27 and expected the payment (value of sale less commission to Shopify) to be transferred into my bank account shortly thereafter, as usual.  This never happened.  not sure what went wrong.  did nothing different than the usual process. 

Reply 1 (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hi @ginostinziani.

Thanks for getting in touch. I'd be more than happy to help you with this. 

Can you tell me what the status of this payout is? If you head to Settings > Payments > View payouts - can you see the payout amount there, and does the status say Paid?  You can also double-check that your banking info is correct.You can do so by going to Settings > Payments > Manage, you should be able to see the last 2 digits of your bank account and the banking institution. Were there any changes to the banking account details before or after this sale was made?

In most cases, the payout is indeed in the right place, but the bank has yet to populate it on your statement. Usually, after a bit of time passes, the funds are visible on the statement. Have you tried reaching out to your bank regarding this missing payout yet? If you have already been in touch with your bank, and they cannot locate this payout, then I would suggest reaching out to our live support so that they can provide you with a trace ID for this payout. Our live support via phone, chat or email can be reached via our support portal here. Simply type your query into the "ask about a topic" bar, then hit continue to support to access.

Separate to your query, I just wanted to say that we're always here to chat with you about how things work on Shopify or any technical aspects you might need assistance with — but you can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I've likely at least seen others touch on before and will be glad to help you too!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog