Multiple Products with Same SKU - Not Updating Inventory in Sync

Jon_C33
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Hi all,

I have two different shopify product pages that are both selling the same physical product. This physical product has just one SKU that I have entered on both product pages.

However, when the product is sold on product page A, it only updates the inventory of the physical product for that specific product page, and not the inventory for product B as well (which intuitively it should--because they are utilizing the same SKU).

How can I set it so that no matter where the physical product is sold (no matter which shopify product page it is sold on), the inventory will update across all areas?

The issue here is that product page A might sell 50 of the physical product, but it doesn't update that inventory at all on product page B and then I run into mismatched inventory numbers and fulfillment issues because we ran out of the product when we had no idea.

Replies 16 (16)
myfilosophy
Excursionist
27 0 8

Does anyone know if this is being worked on by shopify?

axsuul
Shopify Partner
101 0 26

@ryanwanger 

Trunk is also an inventory management system like SkuVault so an alternative is to use Trunk which supports duplicate SKU syncing. If you don't want to sync duplicate SKUs, Trunk will also notify you if you have any duplicate SKUs.

https://apps.shopify.com/trunk

⚡Sync your stock levels + bundles/kits in real-time between any number of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, QuickBooks Online, Squarespace, Square, Tundra, WooCommerce stores with Trunk
myfilosophy
Excursionist
27 0 8

The app is too much money.  $29/month to update a few skus is not worth it.

Stephhrev
Tourist
18 0 3

I Use 'Bundles'... Costs me $14 a month and works a treat!

Tejas_Sangoi
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

You can use Duplicate SKU Sync app - its costs just $5 and gets the job done.

MeganSonk
Tourist
3 0 3

YES! This is exactly what I was looking for!! Just a super simple way to link common SKUs! Giving it a try and feeling excited!

kingzav
1 0 0

I dont understand why they would even give the option to duplicate a product if you cant sync the inventory.