Multiple Shipping Addresses

Kevin_Gray-Robe
2 0 6

Various out of date threads from the last few years mention this - is there any progress on a single order being shipped to multiple addresses. It's a common requirement e.g. for corporate gifting where a customer might want to send the same gift to multiple recipients from one order rather than having to do multiple orders - there are solutions in both Magento and Woocommerce. Has anyone developed a shopify app or written bespoke code to handle this? BTW using the 'notes' box as has been suggested previously is not an option.

Many thanks

Replies 21 (21)
Michigan_Awesom
2 0 4

We strongly second this request! We get countless requests for this feature, and it's poor customer service to not be able to offer multiple shipping options, especially during the holiday gift-giving season. It's time to allow this functionality! Agree that adding more addresses to the "notes" section is a terrible alternative. We need to be able to collect payment for shipping for each address. I know that "feature requests" have been entered countless times (several on my behalf), but I don't understand why this is still not possible (not even through a custom app). Please help, Shopify! 

Supertramp
Pathfinder
127 0 30

A few ago I worked on the implementation of a custom website for a VERY large retailer here in the US. They specified that they wanted this functionality, and it turned out to be a bear to develop based on the business and technical requirements. Toward the end of the project they got their hands on some data regarding what percentage of online shoppers actually care about whether this functionality is available. It was ridiculously small, something like 1-2%.

So just saying that while it sounds neat, and yes quite a number of ecommerce sites/platforms offer it, the percentage of users who care about it or actually use it is disgustingly small.

Kevin_Gray-Robe
2 0 6

Thanks Supertramp

I understand that for general online retail that might be the case (although I'm in the UK so it might be different here :-) but the organisation I'm working with is building a corporate gifting business unit so it is a basic functional requirement, something that 90% of their customers have stated they will need. Simply put, their customers want to be able to purchase 50 beautiful food hampers in one order with one invoice but send them to 50 different addresses. So it's a deal maker/breaker in terms of whose software they use...

Jeffrey_Ibsen
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

I'm with Kevin. We are 100%Wine Gifts. Our clients need a fast easy way to enter multiple addresses.

Shopify blows away the competition in every area except this.

Fast easy checkout for multiple addresses is the cornerstone of our marketing campaigns. Clients enjoied ths convenience  on our Magento store for 3 years.

We'd welcome suggestions from anyone that has found a workable solution here.

Shopify Experts for hire are welcome to contact us.

Cheers.

Dave_Shefferman
Tourist
4 0 2

We're just launching our Shopify shop this week.  Previously, we did everything offline.  For Shopify, we're enabling one-off sales through the store, and encouraging bulk orders to be placed through a downloadable order form, which will get emailed back to us. 

It's a short term solution in the hopes that Shopify builds support for gifting comapnies. 

BTW - Jeffrey, do you really get $325 for DP?!?  Maybe we need to raise our prices! :)

Jeffrey_Ibsen
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

We agree with your solution Dave and reluctantly may go the same route. 
Great site BTW.

... and yes $325 for DP; though it's usually on special for $295 (including delivery). 

In Ontario we must hire a licensed courier to purchase the product from the LCBO, then wrap it, hand write the card and deliver it to the recipient. So we'll never match the USA pricing. 

After factoring in HST. Our prices will always be $40-$50 than in the states.

Your packaging is really impressive. Perhaps we can send some USA orders your way and you can steer any Canadian orders in our direction? Clearly we cater to similar clientele. 

Dave_Shefferman
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Jeffrey,

Yes, we'd be happy to do fulfillment here for you.  Feel free to reach out to me directly @mademoments.com. 

-Dave.

William_Goglia
1 0 0

I had many customers call me about shipping gifts to multiple addresses. They had to email their recipients but would have rather have done it online. I hope you implement this soon.

Jeffrey_Ibsen
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

We've received several emails from contributors on this thread and I have done my best to answer them in great detail . Here is a screenshot of the feature on our homepage. After the holidays  feel free  to contact me and I'll gladly walk anyone through setting this up. 

Here are the key points that made it work:

1. We used flat rate shipping on any size order. Then created product called "Additional Shipping" for $17.95
2. Made it easy for visitors to upload their lists.
3. Provided them with a single Shopify invoice to pay. 
4 .We entered all the orders for them, then sent tracking separately. 

Granted this is not a practical solution for everyone. But we had to "think outside the box" and the results have been spectacular!

Here is a cropped screenshot of what worked best on our Shopify homepage. 
Hope it helps. 
-Jeff :)