Can Shopify assist with issues related to Sterlinglamps.com orders?

Myra1402
Visitor
2 0 0

This is a copy of an email I received from the company Sterlinglamps.com

This is my last resort, unable to contact them so I’m going through you.  I’m ready to contact my bank and let them know about what I believe to be an bogus company.  Is it possible for Shopify to help me?

Seeing as how you somehow are linked to the web sight. 
If needed I can be reached at 

Sincerely, 

Ms. Myra Mingo

Sterling LampsORDER #1160
Your order is on the way

Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

View your order
or Visit our store
Items in this shipment
Myra1402_0-1621389875071.jpeg

Modern LED Corner Floor Lamp (Buy 1 Get 1 Free) × 1

If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at contact@sterlinglamps.com

Replies 3 (3)

mez__87
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Myra, it appears we have been fooled here. I tried emailing the seller using a previously confirmed working email address (as I reached out about my order immediately after I placed it, to which the seller replied). Now the email address is inactive and bounces back. The original store domain is inactive and there is no online presence for this seller that I have been able to find. I found a cached version of the website, but all pages and contact information is bogus (the phone number doesn't work either). I will be reaching my bank to pursue other options and to check that no other attempts were made against usage of my credit card. But it definitely seems like this was a bogus seller. Disappointing to say the least.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yKZ7F8f41q8J:https://sterlinglamps.com/collect...

Surely Shopify can trace the originator of the store and pass information onto relevant authorities?

Myra1402
Visitor
2 0 0
Dear persons i thank you for the quick reply. Im contacting my bank now. This was brought on Facebook Marketplace. Are they in any libel for this? Also may i add im a senior citizen. The shame of it all.
Sincerely Ms. Myra Mingo
mez__87
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Myra, sadly not. Facebook, like Shopify are just the mediums used for illegitimate businesses to host and advertise their 'stores'. I have processed a dispute with my bank now and they're looking into it. Shopify would be able to trace the originator though own internal payment gateway, where the funds for purchases would have been going, and to which bank. But sadly, it seems this kind of thing won't be on their priorities list... makes me want to not do business with any merchant that uses Shopify showing "all of the security measures in place', with no regard for after-sale support. Can't trust anyone anymore. Would love to Shopify to prove me wrong, but this is not the first time it has happened to me, nor some of my friends and family. Step up to the plate, Shopify. Good luck getting your money back, Myra. Best wishes to you.