Why are my PayPal payments not showing up after my first order?

mahi_kaur
Visitor
1 0 0

I recently got my first order. I connected a PayPal account and got an email saying my account was connected and I needed to collect my funds and to click the link. I clicked the link and it still showed that I had $0 in my account. I went to customer service and they told me to confirm my email. I've confirmed my email about a dozen times. This is getting increasingly frustrating and if I can't collect my money I'll have to close down my shop. What can I do?

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello  @mahi_kaur !

This is Lana from Shopify. I understand that this is frustrating.

First, I wanted to congratulate you on your first order, this is very exciting! 
When it comes to receiving payment, it will not come immediately as there is a processing time. Typically on PayPal orders, the payments take around 24-72 hours to process and arrive to your account. 

If that time has passed, have you already contacted PayPal regarding this? They will be able to take a closer look at your account and let you know if there are any issues. Just in case, you can contact their support through this link here.

Lastly, if they are unable to see the issue, please contact our support here so that we can take a look at it from the Shopify side of things. The reason that I am redirecting you to this link is because we are not able to view your account details from the Shopify Community at the moment.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog