My Paypal API signature details are not working on 'Paypal Website Payments Pro' gateway

TheNorthCurve
Excursionist
16 0 9

Been informed by Shopify that my current payment gateway 'Paypal Payflow Pro' will not be compliant with new PSD2 regulations, and that I must to the 'Paypal Website Payments Pro' gateway.

I've spoken to Paypal, and they tell me that I am currently using 'Paypal Website Payments Pro' according to their records and that the API credentials on my Paypal account should work.

They don't. And the credentials are also completely different from the ones that I'm currently using successfully on 'Paypal Payflow Pro'.

Just to add some absurdity to the situation, Paypal tell me that both gateways are the same thing, just named differently depending which country you are in.
Shopify's own page for selecting a gateway even states that 'Paypal Payflow Pro' is not available to UK stores.
And yet it's working for me, and the supposed UK-only gateway, 'Paypal Website Payments Pro', won't work with the API credentials Paypal supply.

It may work with my original API credentials currently working on'Paypal Payflow Pro', but neither Paypal nor Shopify can't/won't tell me what they are. 

I know I'm not the only person in this ridiculous situation.

Has anyone else managed to solve this?

Replies 3 (3)

Johnnyw1
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you manage to get anywhere with this? I am having an absolute nightmare with Paypal customer support. I just need my credentials to login but nobody can give them to me, it's been ongoing for over a month now and ready to throw in the towel with Paypal. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

TheNorthCurve
Excursionist
16 0 9

Are you trying to set up 'Website Payments Pro'? I got it sorted in the end but it was a long time ago now so I can't quite remember how. I think I had to get entry to my Paypal Manager account at manager.paypal.com.  

From there I think you can get your API credentials. 

Johnnyw1
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for the fast reply. I am now trying to get some information via the manager support. 🤞🏼