Need A Way To Filter Orders That Can Be Shipped As Inventory is Available (In Stock)

Need A Way To Filter Orders That Can Be Shipped As Inventory is Available (In Stock)

linzal
Explorer
70 0 16

Hey Shopifers!

We have a blend of in stock ready to ship items and stock that customers can purchase on back order. We need a way to identify orders that can be fulfilled/dispatched after we have updated a purchase order and received inventory as we receive multiple shipments of stock each week and we are spending a stupid amount of time manually going through every order in the order list each day and checking what stock they have ordered and checking whether we have received it. Help us, there has to be an easier way than this. An app? Shopify Flow? Something.

We have looked at apps that manage inventory but we have been informed they do not integrate with Shopify purchase orders, so if we 'receive' stock that doesn't update against a third party app.

What can we do, as it is a real barrier to our growth now and it is painful. We must be able to automate this somehow?

Thanks!

Replies 16 (16)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Partner
2325 211 616

One idea to help the process: tag orders with the SKU as they come in, then when you have to check orders, just check the received items then filter orders by SKU and not fulfilled to see if the item is in that list.

For a more automated way, I could imagine building a custom app that when the inventory level of a product is increased, it checks all unfulfilled orders and if the product is in that order, it tags the order and maybe emails the order link to staff. We could probably actually build that as an add-on feature for Order Automator to save you the cost of building a custom app from scratch. You can use Order Automator to auto tag orders for the first idea I had, I think Shopify Flow would achieve that as well.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Figure Out Why You're Not Getting Sales
linzal
Explorer
70 0 16

Hey Joe, thanks for responding. I'm keen to understand both options. Its just myself and my husband and this causes us huge mental and manual labour. 

I'm not sure I visualise how the sku tag works. We do use tags but not at that level. Also interested in custom development and the cost associated. I'd be happy to discuss further?

Thanks, L

linzal
Explorer
70 0 16

I've had longer to think about the sku option and we have over 1000 products and variants so I'm not sure this would be as effective as an automated solution.

I'm thinking a flow triggered by receiving inventory that then tags orders where the stock levels are positive for the products. Although it would need to check we have enough of that item to fulfil multiple of the same product.

We use a scanning solution to scan the orders we fulfil too.

JoesIdeas
Shopify Partner
2325 211 616

Hey Linzal sure, wow ya I can see how that's a tedious task.

Send a message to https://orderautomator.com/contact and include a link this post, our support manager will open a case to see what building that would entail. As an add-on to our app, I think it would be a reasonable project since the app already does a lot of automation functions. Would just need to build a customization for your situation.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Figure Out Why You're Not Getting Sales
linzal
Explorer
70 0 16

Hey @JoesIdeas I emailed - hope there is something we can do to collaborate on this. Thanks!

TelescopesCan
Shopify Partner
41 1 44

We'd become lifetime subscribers if Order Automator included a function to send or display a list of currently fulfillable orders on demand 🙂

JoesIdeas
Shopify Partner
2325 211 616

We might be able to make it happen, send your request to https://orderautomator.com/contact with the details and exactly what you'd like the app to do. My team will investigate and see what we can do. 👍

TelescopesCan
Shopify Partner
41 1 44

Done, thanks!

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

I could build out an automated workflow to handle this for you with our app mesa! Should be pretty straight forward.

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

Actually, have you considered going through the Inventory tab? It shows you the orders that inventory is committed to in there so that might be a simple solution without needing much additional automation?

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 7.19.59 AM.png

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

I went ahead and worked on an automation template for this:

https://www.getmesa.com/blog/notify-your-team-when-backordered-skus-become-fulfillable/

Screenshot-2023-11-30-at-8.46.55-AM.png

You can download that and install it using our app, but if you'd like any help getting it set up, just let me know.

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

Last post on this I promise! 😅 Here's a demo video as well!

linzal
Explorer
70 0 16

Hi @Kalen_Jordan 
This looks EXACTLY what we need and literally could save us hours and allow us to grow.

Do I go to the MESA app to get this?

Thanks,

Linzal

linzal
Explorer
70 0 16

Hey @Kalen_Jordan we did a test run on it and got an error, we also tried to switch it on but it means the $96.00 plan, which is out of our budget right now unfortunately.

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

Ah bummer - sorry to hear that! Yeah the best way to test it is to turn on the workflow so that some good inventory test data will populate into that inventory level updated trigger.

linzal
Explorer
70 0 16

Fore sure, it definitely sounds like it could work - maybe next year when we can budget for it! Thanks