Can I get a refund after canceling my Shopify subscription?

emmitoot45
Visitor
1 0 0

I've been having a lot of difficulty setting up an online store and decided to cancel my free subscription. But when I was just about to go and cancel it, it charged for a month. I deleted my store in the hopes that I would be refunded but I can't find anything about that. Now I don't have the online store I tried to set up within an hour of being charged, and I don't want the store back, I just want a refund. What do I do???

EDIT: Also, I think I'm starting to realize this is a visitor acc, does that mean assistance can't help me with my billing history??

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @emmitoot45!

This is Lana from Shopify.

Thank you for all of the detail on this! I understand you're not looking to continue with a store right now, but if you ever wanted to come back, you will be able to start another 14 day free trial if you go to our landing page here and click on the top right to Start free trial

If you're looking for a refund here, you have taken the right steps in closing the store! Once the store is fully closed, we are able to look into the refund for you. The next step for you would be to contact us through this link here and we can look at this together. The reason that you will need to go through that link is because we are not currently able to look into your account details via the Shopify Community - and your 'Visitor' account does not affect that, it is just the case in general for now!

You mentioned that you were having some difficulties setting up your store, so I wanted to share this Shopify Blog article on How to Start an Online Store - it is a step by step guide with some really great resources and is easy to follow, so you can look back on it in the future when you're feeling inspired again.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! -Lana 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog