Need help setting up automatic discount correctly

siansoffe
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi all,

First post here so apologies if this has been answered already - i'm trying to set up a discount for any 2 pairs of earrings for £13 - i've set up an automated discount code for £3 off when they purchase 2, however it seems to be splitting this discount between more items if more are added to the basket if that makes sense?

For example if i add 2 earrings to my cart it works fine, however if i add 3 pairs, it takes £1 off each pair.

Is there a way to fix this so the cart can automatically add a discount for every 2 pairs in the cart?

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 (1)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @siansoffe!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

At this moment in time the discounts feature isn't able to do this, I will, however, add this as a suggestion for a future update, Though I can't guarantee this will be available soon, it will be strongly considered as more merchants request this.

In the meantime, there are some apps that can help you with this type of promotional offer. Our partners have been great at being able to build new and innovative functions for stores. If you haven't explored the apps yet, I would recommend starting by looking at the Special Offers app. The app will allow you to create offers such as the one you're looking at creating.

If you do have this offer available all the time, you may want to consider a bundling app that allows customers to put together the times they want in a bundle that you offer for a specific price. It could encourage more sales, in the long run, to have this as a mainstay for your store especially during the Fall season when shopping increases for the Holidays.

A bundling app you could look at for that would be something like Bundler. It has the option to allow customers to mix and match select products for a bundle at a set price.

Since you're selling earrings this also opens up the opportunity to ensure that you're encouraging your customers to review your items and take photos of them when they receive them. Social media is a great place for them to add these to so that you can create more social proof, attract more followers/visitors, increase trust, create a social community around a branded hashtag, reward customers by featuring their post on your social account.

If you've not tried that strategy before, definitely consider doing it. Jewelry is amazing for that type of marketing campaign!

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog