How can I resolve a server error when buying a new domain?

sivancohen
4 0 0

Hii,

I am trying to buy a new domain but I get Toast of "server error", 

How can I solve it? 

Replies 3 (3)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @sivancohen.

Thanks for bringing your question here to our Community forum. I completely understand the importance of being able to purchase your custom domain, so let's get to the bottom of this. 

May I ask if you're purchasing the domain from Shopify? Based on the information you shared, it sounds like this may be a browser-specific issue. Does this persist on another device? If not, I recommend: 

Please give that a try and let me know how it goes! In the meantime, I'd love to learn more about your business. Is this a new venture that you've started? 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

sivancohen
4 0 0

Hello Luna. 

first of all, thank you for helping me. It was fast and professional.

I am purchasing the domain from Shopify. 

I try to clear data from the browser, I even try in another browser and shutdown the firewall but it's didn't help. 

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @sivancohen.

Thanks for getting back to me with this additional context. In this case, it will be important that we access your account to understand what is occurring. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you have logged in, type your request in 'Ask about a topic', scroll down to 'Get Support' and then click 'Continue. Our support team will be able to take a closer look at the domain, to understand where the issue is arising.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog