Why can't I find the "File Claim" button on Shopify?

Tdrahos
Visitor
1 0 0

I am attempting to file a shipping insurance claim and cannot find the “File Claim” button. I have followed the instructions from the website help section… I went to “Orders”, clicked the order number in question, clicked the “…” section and only receive the following options: edit, duplicate, refund, return items, create return label, archive order, print packing slips, add note, view order status page.

I tried to click other “…” on the page including the one under the “Fulfilled” section but it only displays: track shipment, print packing slip and void label (grayed out).

Yes, the package did have shipping insurance. It was sent through UPS and the label was printed through Shopify. 

Thanks for your help!

Replies 2 (2)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi @Tdrahos.

As per our help guide here, has it been 24 hours since the order has shipped? If not, it might be that the shipping label hasn't been used (ie. hasn't been scanned by the carrier), which is preventing you from being able to file a claim for it.

In saying this, there may also be other factors at play here as to why you're not able to see the file claim button for that particular order. We'll need to take a closer look at the order from our end in order to investigate this further.

We aren't able to authenticate stores via the Community Forums to provide account-specific support however, so you'll need to reach out to our Live Support team by logging in to your store on our Help Centre here. Once logged in, select a topic that best fits your query or situation. From there, you'll be taken to a page with a list of relevant support articles, and you can scroll to the bottom of that page to select your preferred contact method with our team. Our Live Support team will be able to take a look at the order from our end and, if need be, liaise with our Internal Shipping team to further investigate.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

I would recommend Avoid shopify shipping, you get no help, no refund and no claim will be paid.

Nobody helps you just lose money if there is a problem, anyone else helps more than them.

It is sad, that nobody cares, you will chat to robots.