No products under the general shipping profile

NOIltd
Tourist
8 0 2

There doesn't seem to be a way to add my products to the general shipping profile.

I already watched the video and it doesn't solve my issue. I already have custom shipping profiles set up correctly but I also need to have the products visible in the general shipping profile.

What am I supposed to do? Is there anyone who can guide me to sort this out, please?

I'm trying to make some order in this section because at the moment clients can't buy from one of the locations.

Thanks.

Replies 3 (3)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Hey, @NOIltd!

If a product hasn't specifically been added to a custom shipping profile, it will automatically be added to the General Profile in your shipping settings. A product cannot be in two shipping profiles at the same time, so if you have only one product and set it to show in the custom profile you've set up, it will remove itself from the General Profile. 

Could you give me some more information on the products you're selling and the rates you would ideally like to set up? How many locations are you currently selling from? I'd love to know more about your current set-up so I can make some suggestions!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

NOIltd
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your message. I have attached a document and this is the website

www.no-ishop.com

Buyers from England can not go through orders without getting the error that their location is not available for shipping. I'm in test mode at the moment.

The shipping costs are 4.20 USD in the US and 5GBP in the UK. 

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Thanks so much for the context here!

I've just had a test checkout on your site to see if shipping rates would show for me, I was able to see some rates here for a UK address:

14-46-4765-13932

Are these the only rates you have at the moment, or are there still some rates missing? If you have a custom shipping profile set up, as long as you have some rates that cover the locations you want to ship to, your customers should still be able to see those rates at checkout!

When you mentioned test mode, did you mean your Shopify Payments is in test mode? Shipping rates should still show in test mode though, as it is possible to place a test order with Shopify Payments before you open your store! 

Could you show me a screenshot of the rates you've set up within your custom shipping profile? You can see this if you go to the admin and select Settings > Shipping & Delivery, then click on Manage Rates beside the custom profile. Just so I can check what rates are there, as I'm not seeing errors on the checkout when I tested this just now.

I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this for you!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog