Not send order creation email if it is going to fail the payment transaction

syslin
Shopify Partner
16 0 3

Hello, I am trying to verify if the order and created with success payment transaction and then send the email about order creation. But in my case, the email of order creation is sent before the process transaction and in case if there is any failure in a transaction it cancels the order and sends the cancel email.

So instead of it can we do like verify the order and process transaction is successful and then only send the email.

Replies 3 (3)

JuanHoyos
Shopify Staff
43 4 6

Hi sylin,

Thank you for your message. I understand that in your case the merchant is receiving an order creation email before the payment transaction succeeds. Also, I can see you suggest we verify the payment transaction before sending said email to avoid receiving less notifications regarding succeeded and erroneous states.

Which payment gateways is the merchant using?

While I understand your suggestion is less noisy, I want you to know that for Stripe, for example, we currently verify the payment transaction asynchronously to make sure the Stripe API throttling avoids affecting the merchant's sales.

Sincerely,

Juan 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

syslin
Shopify Partner
16 0 3

Hello, 

I  am using the veritrans payment and i tried to play with the Shopify order params send_receipt setting it as false and after success then set the send_receipt as true.

JuanHoyos
Shopify Staff
43 4 6

Sorry for the late reply syslin.

Notice that at this moment we only support Subscriptions on shops that use the following payment gateways: Shopify Payments, Authorize.net and PayPal Express [1].

With this, I think your question is more related to non-Subscriptions. I'm moving your post to a more appropriate forum.

Feel free to update this thread with follow up questions.

Best,

Juan

[1]: https://shopify.dev/apps/subscriptions#known-limitations

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.