Solved

NOT WORKING: Shipping rates by weight

juslearnen
Excursionist
38 1 5

Hi everyone

(Video attached)

I'm trying to set up my shipping rates so that the customer will pay exactly what necessary and not a cent more on shipping.

To do this, I have set up my shipping zones and rates depending on the package weight, which is the main criteria used by Japan Post, with which I'm shipping.

One example: a product's weight is 320 grams. The shipping rate I correctly set for that weight range (300-399 grams) is 3,190¥. But when I test the settings and place an order, the only option it shows is for 4,340¥, which is the shipping rate for products in a higher weight range (550-799g).

How can I solve this?? I'm sure I'm losing customers because of the high prices and I really want to lower them.

What I have tried: I have set the default box weight to 1g just to make sure it's not messing things up, but it didn't solve anything. I have also tried by deleting the "Free" option (you still see it in the video, but I deleted it before and placed it back), and in that case the message was "We don't deliver to your zone"... that's pretty f***ed up, I really need to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

juslearnen
Excursionist
38 1 5

This is an accepted solution.

For anyone having a similar issue: I contacted support, and this guy, Vince, proposed a simple solution: change the weight once, and then changing it back to the correct figure.
You, the "switch off and switch on again" kind of solution.

It worked.

Now, the problem is that it's impossible for me to check all product in all quantities to all zones by placing fake orders (which is how I found out about this issue). That would take days, and ain't nobody got that kind of time - let alone energy. I wonder what happens if a similar error causes me to lose money.

Anyway, Vince solved it so I wanted to share.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

juslearnen
Excursionist
38 1 5

This is an accepted solution.

For anyone having a similar issue: I contacted support, and this guy, Vince, proposed a simple solution: change the weight once, and then changing it back to the correct figure.
You, the "switch off and switch on again" kind of solution.

It worked.

Now, the problem is that it's impossible for me to check all product in all quantities to all zones by placing fake orders (which is how I found out about this issue). That would take days, and ain't nobody got that kind of time - let alone energy. I wonder what happens if a similar error causes me to lose money.

Anyway, Vince solved it so I wanted to share.

Cheers.