Order can't be shipped notification with PayPal

Becky1234
Visitor
1 0 0

On our store, a couple of customers using PayPal all of a sudden are getting a "Order can't be shipped to this location" message at the checkout. Our Shipping settings definitely do allow this, and it's not a weight thing as the orders are only small. Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix? Any help would be much appreciated!

Replies 6 (6)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @Becky1234! Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out about this. I’m here to help work through it with you.

Could you please tell me a little bit more about what your customers are experiencing? Where exactly does the "Order can't be shipped to this location" message appear? Is it within the Paypal checkout? Or is it on the shipping page within your Shopify checkout? If you could provide a screenshot of the message, that would be great!

But, generally when that message appears within the Shopify checkout (on the second page, after entering the shipping address), it means your product sees that it has a location and inventory which brings it into the checkout, however it can't make a clear path to a shipping rate. There're a few reasons that this could be:

• Confirm that the location where your inventory is hosted has shipping rates. You can access the shipping profiles from ‘Settings > Shipping & Delivery’. Click into each profile, and make sure you see compatible shipping rates for each location that has inventory you need to ship

• Confirm that the product is set up properly to inform which shipping rates should apply. Some common reasons include: 
    • The 'This is a physical product' setting that is intended for being able to sell digital products, is not enabled
    • If there is weight-based or calculated rates, and the item doesn't have a proper weight assigned
    • If there's only free shipping for over a certain dollar or weight amount, but no rates below it

• Make sure that, whether or not you've enabled to track inventory for a product or variant, the locations they're hosted through recognize they carry this product. You can cross-compare the locations seen in the shipping profile with the ‘Inventory managed by’ selection for the product/variant, and the actual inventory they have available.

Let me know if this helps, and we’ll go from there!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SecretBookstore
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, we're having a very similar issue to this, and I tried all the solutions you mentioned, but we're still having issues.

203523606_544571636546826_1429039661835125521_n.jpg

The error message is coming up for customers at the shipping page on Shopify checkout. But for everyone who has had an issue they have tried to use Paypal. The customers who have subsequently tried to use credit cards etc. everything has worked fine to the same address.

I believe the issue is to do with the connection between Paypal and Shopify. Please help!

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @SecretBookstore! Thanks for reaching out.

Have you noticed if this error message appears, not just based on which payment gateway is being used, but according to which items are in the cart?  For example, are the customers who are trying to use Paypal and getting this error message purchasing the exact same items as those customers  who are using other payment methods? 

More often than not, this error message is due to one of the reasons I outlined in the troubleshooting steps within my previous reply above. So, knowing if the error occurs with the same items and same address but different payment providers, will definitely help us eliminate any location, inventory or shipping settings and know which way to continue troubleshooting.

If you do confirm that identical cart contents and addresses are being used, but the payment gateway is the variable factor, we’d definitely like to take a closer look at this for you. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Keep me posted on what you find out. Thanks!

DFIBeds
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Helen,

We are also finding this issue on occasion.

Some customers are having no problems but for some customers it won't ship.

Our shipping is free throughout our region so it shouldn't be an issue?

Thanks,

Brian

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @DFIBeds! Thanks for reaching out. That certainly sounds confusing, and frustrating. Is it only happening when your customers are using the Paypal gateway as well?

Also, have you noticed any common factors for when it happens? For example, does the error only show when certain products are being purchased? Or does it happen for customers with addresses within a certain region?

Let me know!

FlirtyPineapple
Tourist
4 0 6

Was there an update to this issue? I'm now experiencing it with PayPal and Google Pay...