Order in XML output for fulfillment partner

camielvd
5 0 0

I have been searching on in the community, but as a newbie did not find the right answer yet. Hopefully you can help me...

My fulfilment partner wants to receive the order they have to fulfil in an XML format. They use a EDI system I have been told by them. At this moment my Shopify store sends a regular email to them, which they would have manually feed into their system. If they receive the order in XML format, it will go automatically; which saves me plenty of money.

How can I achieve this?

Replies 10 (10)

JohnAtBonify
Shopify Partner
136 7 34

Can they accept the XML as a POST when each order happens or do they want to be able to pull it from a feed?

camielvd
5 0 0

If I understood it correctly, if they receive an email with the order in XML format it will be entered in their system automatically. So that would mean they can accept it as a post, correct? 

JohnAtBonify
Shopify Partner
136 7 34

No, a POST is more like a programmatic form submission (one server directly sending a payload to another server). If you can, ask them if they have a REST API. That's a very common means of integrating sites and services across the internet.

Szeide
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I'm looking for something that will POST an XML when each order happens, can you help me with something like that? 

Jonathan-HA
Shopify Partner
316 24 99

Hey camielvd,

Is an XML format a must or can they process CSV files as well?

We have customers of our app, EZ Exporter, that have a similar process where they use our app to automatically send a custom CSV file of new orders to their fulfillment partner's FTP server.  Our app supports an export schedule of as frequent as every 15 minutes.

If they support CSV files and they need it formatted a specific way, please feel free to reach out to us and if you can provide a sample CSV file I can confirm with you whether our app can support their format.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill

konpog
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Camielvd, 

Did you find a solution. 

I am looking for the same. 

Your answer is highly appreciated. Thank you. 

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

Hi @konpog

Have you found a solution already?

You can use Exporteo to send orders in a custom XML format via email.

image.png

Full disclosure: I'm the developer of Exporteo. I'm happy to help if you need any assistance.

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
Check out my apps Exporteo, Fulfilleo, Stockeo, and Personal Discount.
BlitzG
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi @LukaszWiktor ,

We have a client that sells items with Shopify, and they would like us to fulfill and distribute there products.

I see that your plugin can email XML files with all the order details. This will work for us, but we would still need something like Postman to get the XML details into our MIS system.

Our MIS system supports the input of webhooks, and we currently use this with our in house WooCommerce catalogs. Is your app capable of sending web hooks with all the order details for direct import?

Thank you

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

@BlitzG Can your MIS system adjust to any XML format sent over a webhook? If so then you can set up webhooks directly in Shopify. Otherwise, if you also need to format the order data to a predefined XML structure, then I can implement sending webhooks in Exporteo. Please let me know.

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
Check out my apps Exporteo, Fulfilleo, Stockeo, and Personal Discount.
BlitzG
Visitor
2 0 2
@LukaszWiktor, Thank you for your reply. I highly doubt our MIS provider will provide custom changes to the webhook. But knowing we can use your app for XML, and you can modify the web hook if need be, this is good news. We'll give the go ahead and let our client know we can proceed with your app and start testing. Hope we talk soon.
Thank you