Order Status Says Open But Order Is Fulfilled

Mary_Spencer
8 0 0

My customer forgot to use the coupon code provided, so I did a partial pay knocking off the amount of the discount and shipped the order, added tracking and marked it as fulfilled. Now it is still showing up as an open order that is unpaid. How do I fix that? 

Thank you!

Replies 3 (3)
Katy_old
Shopify Staff
391 1 46

Hey Mary!

Koreen here from the Shopify Guru team! Thanks for reaching out  :)

As you accepted a partial payment, the order here remained open after fulfilment to allow you to accept the rest of the balance at a later date. However, if you are happy to only take a partial payment, and leave the balance with your customer (to compensate their discount),  what you can do here is archive the order. An archived order is an order that you have completed and would like to close within your Shopify admin.

We have info on how to archive an order in this guide here: https://goo.gl/Eb4RqT

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Koreen W

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mary_Spencer
8 0 0

Thank you. That worked :)

woodwitch
3 0 0

I'm in a similar situation.  I had a customer place an order, but I was going to be in her area so I offered to deliver it rather than ship it.  I refunded her the shipping fee, and delivered the order.  I've archived it, but it's still showing that I have one order in the queue.  How do I get rid of it?