Orders with multiple items is split into two fulfillments

Cheekymonkey13
Excursionist
30 1 1

Hello guys,

I have the issue, that most of the itmes when customers order 3 or more items in my shop, the fullfilment is split and multiple labels are created. When I automatically print my labels, 2 labels are printed instead of one and  the customer receives two tracking codes, which is very confusing.

Attached is a screenshot. I don't know why that happens, it makes no sense to me and Shopify mail support can't help.

Nyfter_1-1662021852028.png

You can see, it's -F1 and -F2

Thanks for your help.

Best

Chris

Replies 6 (6)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2193 201 587

The most common reason you would get 2 fulfillment orders in 1 order is because the products are assigned to different locations.

If when the order comes in all products are in a single fulfillment order, then it could be an inventory issue, for example a product might be out of inventory at that first location.

If neither of those tips help, I would post your entire order details page (blocking out customer details of course), including the order timeline. That might help someone recognize why it was split.

Look into your locations first though, guessing that's it.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
Nalini
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Joesideas,

I am having the same problem and I have checked if the locations are different but they are not. There is only 1 item in my entire inventory that keeps getting split within an order. WhatsApp Image 2023-10-10 at 10.43.51 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-10 at 10.43.51 AM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-10 at 10.43.51 AM (2).jpeg

nouveaupaysan
Visitor
2 0 0

I think it may be due to not having 'this is a physical product box' checked. 

Jaw
Visitor
1 0 1

I was having the same problem; I think it may be due to not having 'this is a physical product box' checked. 

fetdombiz
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi guys, I ran into a similar issues with printing labels.  I need to print off two shipping labels, as there are two items in one order. I am not sure why it doesn't give me the split labels option. These are two 30 something lbs of packages that require labels on each one. Thanks.

Delicious
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi! I am having the same problem. When wholesalers buy too many boxes, the weight and size need to be divided and even if I have to pay for the difference in shipping charges, Shopify still does not let me purchase 2 shipping labels or more for the same order. I have spend over a week and 3+ hours on the first try over Live chat, which today is unavailable as well as phone support, and answers they say are taking a wait time of up to 48 hours!!!!!!!!!!! On the Live chat, I was cut off twice and had to wait for the next helper to learn about all my problems reading the chat thread, all because we couldn't talk on the phone. The second chat attendant said she had the steps and was going to send them to via email with print screen shots of each step. That never happened and she got cut off. I finally found out how to create a fake order for that same client and Mark as Paid to buy extra shipping labels. This caused me to go over the "THRESHOLD FEE" of $200 that Shopify has for my store. So I had to wait to be billed the Threshold Fee, which included the $29/monthly fee in the $200 limit. Then, I also had to wait for Shopify to pay itself from my credit card before it emptied the balance owed and raised my credit limit to $200 again. Finally, I went to the middle Shopify plan to raise my Threshold fee to $480. Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem of lots of heavy items being bought by one client and being fulfilled by our store (one location) all in one order number.

I was also told to mark as unfulfilled the items for the second shipment, but that only allows me to input tracking number and carrier for the fulfilled item. It does not create a link to Create Shipping Label for each shipment.

I would like Shopify to address this problem with clear solutions that does not involve me having to go to another freight forwarder and creating another account and diversifying my shipping with different carriers.