Solved

Can I get a refund for a subscription paid on the wrong account?

Roseariebeauty
Visitor
1 0 0

I have two accounts under the same email. Rose-arie-beauty and roseariebeauty. I paid the subscription for the wrong account (roseariebeauty).

I already paid the subscription for the store that I do want (rose-arie-beauty) but is there a way I can get a refund on the subscription for the other account? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

@Roseariebeauty 

Great question! While our Terms of Service does state that we do not provide refunds, we can, on a case by case basis, review refund requests if the store is fully closed within a reasonable timeframe of the invoice generating. To close the store, you will want to log in then go to Settings/Plans and Permissions and select "Close Store" at the bottom of the page. Once you have fully closed the store then you can reach out to our Support to create a refund request. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

@Roseariebeauty 

Great question! While our Terms of Service does state that we do not provide refunds, we can, on a case by case basis, review refund requests if the store is fully closed within a reasonable timeframe of the invoice generating. To close the store, you will want to log in then go to Settings/Plans and Permissions and select "Close Store" at the bottom of the page. Once you have fully closed the store then you can reach out to our Support to create a refund request. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

MariaG
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! It happened to me the same. I have to accounts. And I closed it and cancelled it long time ago one of them.

Now when i finally decided to pay the subscription this account cancelled was still there (very confusing) and i by mistake paid the subscription for it.

Please help me to move the subcription or transfer it to the actual account that was not inactive...

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@MariaG 

You will need to contact Shopify Support for further assistance with the subscription credit or refund. You can use the link in my previous reply to open the Help Center where you'll need to login, manually search your question/issue, then select "contact support" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results.