Partially Fulfill Pick Up Orders

XTCFit
Tourist
4 0 12
We’ve started to use the new pick up feature launched by shopify which was a nice addition and one we had wanted since migrating to shopify a year ago, but the feature is lacking the ability to fill orders partially. We manufacture custom products that clients may purchase online or in store with us while we also have goods that are readily available and often purchased at the same time. Without the ability to close orders partially this feature is becoming a problem as we cannot easily track items that are filled. Currently we’ve had to tag orders and add comments and are using spreadsheets to log items that aren’t filled. Please if anyone has found a solution that allows you to close out partial items in a pick up order reply here with the fix.
Replies 20 (20)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2194 201 587

I think I can solve your problem with Order Automator. It's an app to automate order processing tasks. I led the development on it, and we often do custom features for stores if the app's current feature set doesn't solve the problem.

If that's appealing to you, send a contact from the app page with the details of exactly what you'd like automated, and someone from my team will help you solve your problem.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

RachelDGC
Visitor
1 0 1

HI

Just wondering did yo find away around this ?? Didyo add an additional app to solve the problem - we have the same issue so would love to know

Thank you

XTCFit
Tourist
4 0 12

No we have not found a suitable APP to do this. We are still relying on tags, adding notes to orders and using an EXPORT to keep track of each line item. It is very tedious and a shame that a company of shopify's status dropped the ball on such an integral part of order fulfilment, especially at times like these when goods and services are taking longer to produce/ship.

Bestblanksshop
Visitor
2 0 10

I changed to Shopify in the new year, from WIX - as WIX was horrible for ecommerce. However, even WIX allows you to partially fulfill both pick up and shipped orders. 

I shouldn't have to pay more money each month for a simple request, it's really disappointing that Shopify hasn't figured this out yet, especially given COVID protocols and shipments being delayed. 

I've tried several apps to integrate but all of them are made for more complex fulfillment/dropshipping issues.  They should have the same backend solution they do for fulfilling a shipped order as they do for a pick up order. 

Please, if anyone comes across a solution - I'm all ears! This is a painfully tedious piece of inventory to manage. 

jonmjones
Shopify Partner
26 0 17

anyone found a solution to this yet?

SAVAGET
Visitor
2 0 3

So stupid Shopify I really badly need to implement something as all my orders have both pre order and stock in stock and customers pick up part of the orders first.

DanWallace
Excursionist
14 0 15

We've been waiting on this forever as well. Shopify intentionally disabled this function for local pickup orders and many conversations with Shopify support have not produced any explanation for why it was done other than to create yet another roadblock for store owners in the hope that an app developer will come along with a fix to charge more money for.

SAVAGET
Visitor
2 0 3
So bloody true, it's fckn ridiculous you can't do something so simple

LyneO
Tourist
3 0 10

Hello @Shopify ! Is there any solution from your team regarding this? I also CRITICALLY require this for my store as we would have items for pre-order and other in-stock items in the same transaction. 

This is a basic function in the shipping option, can we please also have this function for local pick-ups please!

dawsclothing
Tourist
4 0 3

We need the same functionality, as we always allow customers to collect part orders while waiting for the remainder to become available.

To get round the problem we've created an additional shipping profile called 'Collect In-store' and set the price to zero.

DanWallace
Excursionist
14 0 15

That used to be our solution before the local pickup option was added. However, that runs into Shopify's other checkout failing, Shipping options are sorted from lowest price to highest with the lowest price option being selected by default.

Even when we used extensive text to say that the local pickup option would not create a shipment and was only for local pickup, huge numbers of customers just saw $0.00 and that it was pre-selected, checked out, and then contacted us days or weeks later to complain that they're order had not shipped.

Just like this thread has numerous requests for the very basic option to partially fulfil a local pickup option, all the threads about changing the sorting of shipping option have huge numbers of store owners asking for that basic feature yet Shopify has continued to ignore both requests for many years, not caring about the serious impact this has on store owners.

PSNecommerce
Excursionist
11 1 11

Can't believe Shopify hasn't addressed this.  This is elementary.  SHOPIFY ARE YOU LISTENING

ZedaroAdmin
Visitor
2 0 3

@Shopify Still no response on this issue?  This is so absurd.

HFXVinyl
Tourist
5 0 7

Adding our name to the list of shops that would love to be able to partially fulfill pickup orders!

TopherV
Visitor
1 0 1

Same...we need this.  I like the feature on the regular "shipped" orders...but we need this option for "pick up" as well!!!!

Garage7
Visitor
1 0 1

just adding that i also need this functionality.

LyneO
Tourist
3 0 10

@Shopify any updates on this at all? 

ZedaroAdmin
Visitor
2 0 3

@Shopify how are you completely ignoring this? 

sasta
Tourist
8 0 11

It seems ridiculous to pay $10 a month for something that SHOULD be available through Shopify.  It doesnt happen often, but we do have items that customers pre-order from different artists, and they may add other items to the order.  They want to pick up the other stuff right away.  I was on a  really BASIC ecommerce platform before Shopify and even they offered this feature.  You are able to do it on shipping orders so why not on pick up orders.

briikamiika
Visitor
2 0 0

@Shopify Disappointed that this hasn't been addressed, explained, or anything.