partially refunded order showing as "open".

AlmaKnit
4 0 0

Hi

I accidentally charged a customer with shipping, this was returned as a partial refund. The order is fulfilled, but it seemes to still be "open". I would very much like to "close" the order without archiving it. I cannot archive it for a few months and it is really disturbing to have it flashed as something I should take care of when min "inbox" is actually empty.

Any suggestions?

Tnx 

/Kira

Replies 2 (2)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @AlmaKnit

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Sorry to hear this open order has been causing you some confusion. Happy to help you resolve this.

Is the order showing as fulfilled or unfulfilled? If it's unfulfilled, you can fulfill the order without notifying the customer. To do this, select the order from the Orders page and click Mark as fulfilled, then when the pop-up appears uncheck Send notification to customer. Below is a screenshot of this process: 

13-05-17301-15897

If the order is already fulfilled, why you do not want to archive it? If the order is fulfilled, and has a partial refund, the best next step is to archive the order. This will remove this order from the list of open orders, and it will no longer be included in your open order count. Once you archive the order, it will take a few minutes for the count to refresh - just be patient and reload the page after several minutes. 

Let me know how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

AlmaKnit
4 0 0

Hi Hilary

So I partilly refunded the order before fulfilling it - its fulfilled now. 

The order is a booking for an event in the future. I don't know what might happen - the event could be cancelled for some yet unknown reason an then I would have to jump through extra hoops to be able to refund the ticket. So the order is not really open, but the period in which I might have to come back to the order is not over - so archiving it seem to be a bad idea, it also seems to be my only option which leaves me with this notification for weeks now - at that's just really unflexible 🤷

/Kira