Solved

Why is my Shopify store still active after pausing and successful payment?

beloveDDog
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi I wanna pause my store. After charging 29 dollars my store still active. My payment was succesful but billing is still.

How i can pause my store and why my billing is still?

Accepted Solution (1)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @beloveDDog,

Hank here from Shopify.

Pausing your store is something that can be done within your admin, when you are either looking to still work on your store or if you are looking to step away from it completely. It is important to note that your store would need to be active 60 days after your trial ended to pause your store.

03-44-sdc93-02q8c

But if looking to pause your store, as I mentioned this can be done within your admin (Settings > Plan and permissions). We have two plans, both of which I will explain to you below.

First, we have the pause and build plan. This plan would allow you to continue to work on building your store, while your checkout is disabled which would mean your customers could still see your products, but they could not purchase them. A lot of Merchants prefer to edit the password page whilst on this plan, and I would recommend that you uninstall any third-party apps if looking to reduce the cost. This plan would cost you $9 USD per month, but as you have just paid $29 USD, this would get stored on your account as a pro-rated credit. So your pause charge would be deducted from this, meaning no additional costs would be needed while this credit exists!

Then we also have the full pause plan, for when you want to step away from your store. Selecting this plan would take your store temporarily offline, and remove your access to the admin. Merchants choose to edit the password page advising their customers of a return. This plan pauses your store for three months, and you will not be charged for your plan. If, after three months, you don't reopen your store, then you are upgraded to the Pause and Build plan, which is $9 USD per month. 

If coming back from a full pause, you will be prompted to select a paid plan to regain access to the admin once more. Or if you are on the pause and build plan, you can select the paid plan from within your admin, using the steps below which are in the guide I shared earlier.

03-09-a50fe-wtwjt

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @beloveDDog,

Hank here from Shopify.

Pausing your store is something that can be done within your admin, when you are either looking to still work on your store or if you are looking to step away from it completely. It is important to note that your store would need to be active 60 days after your trial ended to pause your store.

03-44-sdc93-02q8c

But if looking to pause your store, as I mentioned this can be done within your admin (Settings > Plan and permissions). We have two plans, both of which I will explain to you below.

First, we have the pause and build plan. This plan would allow you to continue to work on building your store, while your checkout is disabled which would mean your customers could still see your products, but they could not purchase them. A lot of Merchants prefer to edit the password page whilst on this plan, and I would recommend that you uninstall any third-party apps if looking to reduce the cost. This plan would cost you $9 USD per month, but as you have just paid $29 USD, this would get stored on your account as a pro-rated credit. So your pause charge would be deducted from this, meaning no additional costs would be needed while this credit exists!

Then we also have the full pause plan, for when you want to step away from your store. Selecting this plan would take your store temporarily offline, and remove your access to the admin. Merchants choose to edit the password page advising their customers of a return. This plan pauses your store for three months, and you will not be charged for your plan. If, after three months, you don't reopen your store, then you are upgraded to the Pause and Build plan, which is $9 USD per month. 

If coming back from a full pause, you will be prompted to select a paid plan to regain access to the admin once more. Or if you are on the pause and build plan, you can select the paid plan from within your admin, using the steps below which are in the guide I shared earlier.

03-09-a50fe-wtwjt

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

All the best,

Hank

dealsworth
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi
paused my store on 15 November 2020, but yesterday I was billed $33,35 even though I was not supposed to. 
I have an email confirming that my store is paused for 3 months. please see store information below;

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for reaching out about this, @dealsworth.

However, I do not see any image attached to your post, did you use the associated button to attach this?

11-46-1bd39-1ib3b

When you paused your store, did you opt for the pause and build or the fully paused store plan? The most common reason for charges once a store is paused is third-party app charges that were due. Pausing your store would not stop these charges, as they are generated by the app developer directly.

If you were looking to seek a refund, then this would need to be approved by the app developer also.

Do let me know a bit more, and I will happily assist further!

Visitor
1 0 0

Hank I started store step2424.shop I had been try to contact Google during the trail period to stop the ad thing do I would be charged the 1,350 dollars I’m not ready for that yet plus it said ads was not running now my acvount is paused because of that can u please u. Pause it and temporarily hold the Google ad thing if you can’t please tell how I can contact the right person ty ***-***-**** cell number 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1100 118 139

Hi, @117!

I'm helping Hank out today, and I'm happy to look into this with you. 

It sounds like you're trying to pause your Shopify store, as well as cancel your Google ads. You can pause your store yourself by following the steps outlined in this help document. Please let me know if you have any questions about this process!

For assistance with your Google ads, I recommend checking out the Google Help Center. You can type in the details of your question and contact Google support if needed. 

Please let me know if you're looking for any other information!

Greta | Shopify