Payment based on login

Tony_S
4 0 0

I am looking to see if I can disable functions based on a users login? I am using the QB integration and I need to have the billing shut off if one of my corporate accounts log in. They would only need to provide a PO number and other basic information. Is this possible? I checked with QB but they said it would have to be done through shopify.

Also if someone is checking out as a company, is it possible to make the company name required vs if they are trying to check out as an individual?

Thanks,

Tony

Replies 4 (4)
Nathan27
Shopify Staff
81 0 1

Hi Tony,

It's not currently possible to limit payment options based on customer login, but I've added in a feature request for that! Right now the only way to do that would be to create a manual payment method and put something like "Invoice (Authorized accounts only)" and have them select that at checkout.

The other option would be to create a second site specifically for company/wholesale type purchases so that you have independent control of that cart and checkout!

Nathan | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tony_S
4 0 0

Sorry, but I am a novice at this. Where would I put that? We are using Quickbooks for processing.

Thanks,

Tony

Nathan27
Shopify Staff
81 0 1

Hey Tony,

You would set that up in Settings -> Payments on your admin. You can check out this article for the detailed steps :)

Just to clarify a bit, this would be a manual process where they simply tell you to send them an invoice by choosing that method. Then you would actually collect through something like Intuits invoicing system and then mark the order as paid once you receive the payment from the customer!

Nathan | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tony_S
4 0 0

Thank you. I will see if this works ok for my client.

Tony