Payment deducted, order not captured. Happening for a lot of orders. Please help.

raghavjhawar
Tourist
36 0 2

Hello,
With 5% of my total orders - payment is getting deducted but order is not getting captured by shopify. I am using Razorpay as the payment gateway
Mistrust, frustration and a lot of manual work is getting created.

Please let me know if this is common and if there's any way to solve this issue.

Replies 3 (3)

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @raghavjhawar!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to share your query here on our Community forums.

We often see behaviour similar to what you outlined here when customers are paying via an external, or offsite, gateway and they do not fully complete checkout before they navigate away or close the browser window.

In this situation, only partial data is sent back to Shopify by the gateway and an abandoned checkout is created instead of an order despite payment being made and recorded in the gateway account.

This is an inherent part of how external gateways work and not something we have any control over from here in Shopify.

There are a couple of things you can consider here, such as including some language in your store (such as in the cart area) directing your customers to correctly complete checkout before they close the gateway pop-up or winder.

You could also let your gateway provide know that you would prefer they offer onsite, direct gateway integration with Shopify if at all possible.

Finally, you can check to see if there are any other providers available in your area that do offer a direct checkout that would have customers remain on your Shopify store while checking out.

If you can confirm in which country your store is based, I'd be happy to share a list of your options in that regard.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

raghavjhawar
Tourist
36 0 2

Thanks, India.

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @raghavjhawar!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for getting back to me here again to confirm where your store is based.

You can check out the full list of payment gateways available for use in India with your Shopify store here.

Do some research yourself to see if there are any providers available in your region that provide an onsite, direct integration with Shopify.

We don't have access to this info internally to share, though I did some initial checks on this and was not able to find confirmation of any available direct, onsite checkout integrations made available.

I hope you'll have better luck and do let me know if you're able to find such a thing.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help out with!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog