How can a UK customer pay with Visa on my online store?

Rory_M
Visitor
2 0 1

I have a customer from the UK that is unable to pay with his Visa.  How can we bill him?  Are there other options?

Replies 3 (3)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1166 129 180

Hey @Rory_M.

Thanks for reaching out to the Shopify Community! I am sorry to hear that your customer was unable to pay by Visa. May I ask, was there something specifically preventing them by paying by visa or was it the case that they do not use this option? Let me know if there are any issues/error messages upon payment, as I would be happy to have a look for you and your customer.

As a workaround, you could get the customer to pay via a manual payment method, have you already got manual payment methods set up on your store? Some customers are unable to pay via credit card, so instead they can pay via a manual payment method. Some examples of this are:

• Cash on delivery.
  • Bank transfers.
  • Money orders.

When the customer opts for a manual payment method, you can send them an invoice. Once payment has been received, you can then manually approve the order within the admin. To learn more about manual payment methods and how to set this up, check out our help center doc here.

I don't know if you have anything planned for BFCM this year, but now is the time to make some preparations. BFCM is one of the biggest sales weekends of the year and sees the start of the holiday season as well. Every year my go-to is this BFCM Checklist. It allows me to make sure that I am making the best use of my time and resources and it really helps take the pressure off by starting early. It is well worth the read should you be interested!

Happy to help with any other questions you may have, have an awesome day!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rory_M
Visitor
2 0 1
I am trying to find out more from the customer's side. I'll relay them here
moving forward to provide us some context. Thank you for your help! I'll
get back to you on more details.
Maz
Shopify Staff
1166 129 180

Hey @Rory_M.

Thanks for getting back to me!

If you can gather some more context from your customer for me, I would be happy to dig deeper into this for you.

Have an awesome day.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog