payment gateways and merchant account for selling souvenir cannabis seeds Ireland and Europe

lazyjayz
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi.

As per the title, we are based in ireland and just lost our merchant account to a closing company. Im finding it very difficult to source a trusted payment gateway and merchant account to sell this Fully legal product. Any help or advice would be helpful. There are many companies close to us who even sell into the American market so i know its possible, we did it for years no issues.

Replies 4 (4)

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25

Hi Lazyjayz,

Good luck to you in your business endeavor. In my expert opinion (having built literally hundreds of eCommerce CBD, delta 8 and vape stores and based on Shopify Policy), it would NOT be safe to sell cannabis seed or any cannabis products on Shopify. 

Shopify Prohibited Products Policy

*See item 4; 'Cannabis Products'

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-sales-channels/shop/eligibility#prohibited-product-types

There you have it. Good luck. I'd strongly recommend building a cannabis related website on a WordPress plus WooCommerce hosting platform that you own and control! Anytime you build a site on Shopify, Wix, Big Commerce or any popular SaaS platform --- you must accept they fact that their policies dictate what can and cannot sold.

Kevin James - Shopify approved partner

Full-Stack & Front-End Developer

KJ ProWeb Inc

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
Lucassampson654
Visitor
1 0 1

I'd recommend Proudpayments.com. I've been using them for 6 months now

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25

Lucassampsom654,

Excellent recommendation. I'm very familiar with Proud Payments and in my opinion, they're one of the absolute best in the industry.

However, the problem here is Shopify policy. There are certain products that are [strictly prohibited] by Shopify. Cannabis products in any form are not allowed to be sold on Shopify. Period.

• I shared a link to Shopify's Acceptable Use Policy where they state that plainly. Cannabis products are not allowed. No need for the merchant to speculate. The answer is, no.
  • Blatant violation of Shopify policy often results in an account getting terminated without advance notice.

SOLUTION

Get a WordPress plus WooCommerce site on a hosting platform that has no restrictions as to what can or cannot be sold. That's the solution. Then, reach out to ProudPayments and they'll be more than happy to help that merchant.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
patrickweybridg
Visitor
1 0 0

I'd recommend Uprocess.co.uk. Been using them a while