Payment Gateways for Non-Registered Business

EagleLuna
Tourist
8 0 2

I have a question about payment methods. I am just starting an online business so I would love to know - are there any Alternative payment methods for non-registered Shopify businesses( in Latvia)?

Because Shopify Payments are not available here 😞

Thanks!

Replies 4 (4)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

Here's the list of available payment solutions in Latvia
https://www.shopify.ca/payment-gateways/latvia

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @EagleLuna

As @Nick_Marketing mentioned, we have a list of available third party payment gateways listed by country - including Latvia. Just so you know, since Shopify Payments is not available in Latvia at this time, you will be subject to our transaction fees

Since you're just getting started, I'll share a couple great resources with you to help you get going: 

Let us know if you have any further questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

EagleLuna
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi, Hilary! Thanks for the reply!

The main problem is that my business is not registered yet, so I would love to know, if I have an option of payment gateway until my business will become official. There are a lot of payment gateways, but most of them require documents.

Thanks!

Anna

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Perhaps another Community user from Latvia will be able to step in and offer some recommendations for you. Otherwise, it will be best to reach out to each payment gateway and find out if they require registration documents. Since these are third party payment gateways, we do not have access to their internal processes or requirements and therefore I can't make any further recommendations. 

As an alternative, it may be best to looking into registering your business as soon as possible. Perhaps some of the gateways allow a time period before submitting your registration documents, if you are waiting for approval. Local laws and regulations vary, so we always recommend reaching out to a local authority for any legal advice. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.