Why can't I see certain payment options in Pakistan for dropshipping?

WaseeqAli
8 0 0

Hi! I've recently thought of dropshipping. I live In Pakistan. I want to know why can't I see Shopify payments on my payment dashboard? also, how can my customers pay me? is there a way for them to directly pay me to my bank account which is in PKR? it's sad to see that these payment issues still persist in Pakistan even today. Please guide me as to how I can get paid. I would like all my profits to be transferred into my local currency bank account. 

Replies 9 (9)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @WaseeqAli. Welcome to the Community. That's great to hear you're wanting to start a dropshipping business, so let's discuss how to make sure you get paid!

Shopify Payments is currently supported in these countries so far. Therefore, since it isn’t yet available to use in Pakistan, you’ll need to use one of these third-party payment gateways that are available in your region. Since they are third-party, I’m not familiar with the ways in which each payment gateway issues their payouts; Please contact them directly to see if it’s possible to receive your payouts to your bank account, and in your local currency.

Once you’ve decided which payment provider will work best for you, and you’ve set up your account with them, please follow the steps in the Help Doc for Configuring third-party payment providers to activate it on your store. Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Are you going to be using Oberlo to dropship with? Have you thought about the types of products you’d like to sell? I recommend taking a look at the blog post Trending products to sell in 2021 for some ideas and inspiration.

Hope this helps. Best of luck with your dropshipping business!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

WaseeqAli
8 0 0

Thank you so much for replying. It's such a huge relief knowing that someone read my message. I don't know about oberlo. The guy whose video I watched used Dsers so I'm using that too. I don't know if I've set it up properly. I honestly think my whole store's a mess with regards to all the settings. Then again for a teenager, this is all pretty daunting stuff. 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

My pleasure, @WaseeqAli. Starting an online business certainly is daunting. It’s not as easy as so many portray it to be, since there are so many moving parts and considerations. I admire your ambition and tenacity. Keep it up! But, we’re always happy to help you out along the way as much as we can here in the Community. There’s also 24/7 support available to you through live chat, email and phone callbacks. So, if you don’t receive responses to other Community posts, or ever just need more immediate assistance with something, you can get always in touch by logging into your account via the Help Center

Dsers - Aliexpress Dropshipping has a lot of really great reviews in the Shopify App Store, so it’s a great choice for your dropshipping business. It’s similar to Oberlo in that both are integrations to Aliexpress suppliers. However, one of the main differences is that Oberlo is made by Shopify, therefore we can help you more directly with any questions or issues you may have with it. For assistance with setting up Dsers - Aliexpress Dropshipping, please reach out to the app developers directly. They’ll be the best ones to help you with that.

I can help you with the settings on your Shopify store though! I’ve always found this set up checklist to be really resourceful when building a new store. It walks you through everything that needs to be done before launching your store, and provides links to the Help Docs for each task. I also recommend reading through the Help Docs on Dropshipping, which provides a lot of valuable information that will give you a greater understanding of this type of business model.

Is there a specific setting or task in your store that you’re currently struggling with?

WaseeqAli
8 0 0

Once again thank you so much. There is one more thing you could help me with. So my business is based in Pakistan and the UK. Since there are virtually no payment options available in Pakistan I wanted to know is it possible for me to use my UK address to be able to use PayPal and Stripe as 2 payment options? Technically, I wouldn't be doing anything wrong since I am based in both countries. If it is possible please guide me as to how I can do this because whenever I go to payment options it lists all of them as "Unavailable in your country". Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Great question, @WaseeqAli!

Your store address set in ‘Settings > General’ is what determines which payment gateways are available to you. Therefore, it is required that you use your current address (as indicated in our Terms of Service) from which you will be running your business the majority of the time. 

That being said, if you do have a business presence in the UK as well, your next step is to contact Paypal and Stripe to discuss if they would be able to support your situation, since Paypal and Stripe are third party payment gateways (ie. they integrate with Shopify, but are completely separate companies with their own Terms of Service).  They’ll be able to also tell you what supporting documents you will need to have in order to prove you are also operating from the UK.

Good luck. Let me know what they have to say!

Tahirrasul
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello Helen,

We have recently integrated 2checkout as payment option to our store. However, we are unable to process payments inline. It redirects the customers for the payment processing which results in higher abandonment. 2checkout clearly provides the inline checkout option with their script, however it doesnt seem to work.

Is that a shopify restriction ? If yes, I have seen others requesting the inline checkout option for 2checkout since 2019, are there any plans to enable that ?

TIA!

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hello, @Tahirrasul! Welcome to the Community. I can understand your concern.

At this time 2Checkout is still available only as an external payment gateway. However, I’m happy to submit a feature request to our developers on your behalf, for the ability to process payments inline using 2Checkout. While I don't have any information for you as to whether or not this is something that our developers are currently working on, the Shopify Changelog will be the best place to be informed of any changes like this, if and/or when they happen.

In the meantime, I see that 2Checkout has improved their checkout experience through Convert Plus. If it’s of interest to you, they have the steps to integrate it with your Shopify account here. For  questions about it, or if you need a hand connecting it to your store, please contact 2Checkout directly. 

All the best!

Ish091
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hey Waseeq..i am also from pakistan and really struggling with payment gateways ....would you please guide me about which payment gateway is better....because shopify payments, paypal and stripe is not supported in our country...so what  you are using?

Ish091
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hey Waseeq..i am also from pakistan and really struggling with payment gateways ....would you please guide me about which payment gateway is better....because shopify payments, paypal and stripe is not supported in our country...so what  you are using? PLease if possible i want to contact with you sir...if you don't mind