What are the reliable payment gateways for Shopify in Sri Lanka?

Circosa
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello

I am based in Sri lanka and I really like your shopify platform. I am extremely interested in starting a shopify store, however by the comments I have read and the research I have done, I feel extremely demotivated concerning the payment gateway / payment options available for us.

Could someone please help me out by clearly explaining how to set up a 'working, reliable' payment gateway so that I could be certain this will work out for sure as I do not want to start and stop my store in between because of this. Paypal is not available in Sri lanka.

I also read that, there are only limited features available to residents in Sri lanka. Could you please elaborate on this too? 

Shopify is very user-friendly and a really a good place for a beginner to start their online store. I would be very thankful if some one can clearly guide me through this.

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

Replies 5 (5)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hey, @Circosa

Thanks for reaching out. You can view all of the available payment gateways for Sri Lanka here. Of those, I would recommend 2Checkout, as it allows your customers to pay with their credit card. Have you already taken a look at their gateway?

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Circosa
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Brie

I did. Also I opened a store. Sent it for approval to twocheckout, but I got declined. Tried explaining it to them. Devastating. 

I closed my store today by visiting plans and subscriptions>close store. COuld you please confirm that my card details have been erased from your system and you guys won't bill me going forward?

Thanks.

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hey, @Circosa

I'm sorry to hear you weren't approved for their gateway. Though I'd definitely suggest using the other methods available to you, I can definitely understand if closing the store is the best thing for your business at this time. I'm afraid I'm not able to check that for you here, as it requires authenticating your account. Please contact our support team and they can double check it for you. Cheers. 

Circosa
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Brie

Thank you for the response. However there are no other platforms available ( I did check it with one of your members and they informed me likewise). 2Checkout was the only facility available in Sri lanka.

I went to the contact support in shopify, but how do I message and check about my billing? I would appreciate if you could please guide me.

Thanks

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

@Circosa - 

Ah, I see. If there are no payment gateways available in your region, I'd suggest a manual payment method such as e-transfer. 

In regards to contacting our support team, you'll first want to head here and login to your store. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic: 

20-05-s998g-3lwie

You will need to search for your topic there (billing). Doing this will present you with links to relevant help docs, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help:

20-05-ksl5x-pleb8Click on the button at the bottom and you will see the different support options available:

20-05-m2m08-ainco

Hope that helps!