Solved

Can I receive payments on my dropshipping site without legal papers?

KREMS
4 0 0

Hello, 

I am launching my drop shipping website but still with no legal papers. Is there a way to receive payments without legal papers in shopify? 

Thank you 

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KREMS,

June here from Shopify, thanks for your question!

Are you in the process of acquiring more legal documentation for your business? 

Since each payment gateway has different setup requirements, it's possible that one may be better suited for you right now, based on the documentation you'll be able to provide. While a Shopify Payments account may require an Employer Identification Number (EIN), specific bank account criteria, as well as personal verification documents, a gateway such as PayPal (which lists its own business account requirements here) may not. A look at this Help Center response though does suggest that depending on the volume of payments you are processing in a year, you may be asked to provide additional documentation anyways. 

May I ask where your business is located? This will tell us the payment gateways supported in your region so that we can narrow your search. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions! If you are curious about a specific payment gateway, it may be worthwhile to check in with their own support team to clarify account requirements before getting started. 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KREMS,

June here from Shopify, thanks for your question!

Are you in the process of acquiring more legal documentation for your business? 

Since each payment gateway has different setup requirements, it's possible that one may be better suited for you right now, based on the documentation you'll be able to provide. While a Shopify Payments account may require an Employer Identification Number (EIN), specific bank account criteria, as well as personal verification documents, a gateway such as PayPal (which lists its own business account requirements here) may not. A look at this Help Center response though does suggest that depending on the volume of payments you are processing in a year, you may be asked to provide additional documentation anyways. 

May I ask where your business is located? This will tell us the payment gateways supported in your region so that we can narrow your search. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions! If you are curious about a specific payment gateway, it may be worthwhile to check in with their own support team to clarify account requirements before getting started. 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog