Why isn't my Shopify store registering my Visa purchases?

evomshop
4 0 0

i just want to test my own shopify store , so i bought through visa card and i had a confirmation from PayPal but there is no order generated or created in the my shopify store,

and i tried to do that many time.

hope you can help me

Replies 3 (3)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @evomshop,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

When you were brought from Shopify's checkout and then to Paypal's to complete the order, can you remember if you were brought back to Shopify's checkout? For example, can you remember seeing Shopify's order confirmation screen after paying for the order, or did you receive an order confirmation email?

I have seen this issue occur when merchants implement their own custom PayPal button in order to turn off the dynamic payment button which skips the Shopify checkout entirely. If that is the case, then it would not be possible to have the order sync to your Shopify admin and would need to be created manually. Alternatively, you can use Paypal Express so your customers can process their purchase in the Shopify checkout which will ensure the order is created in your Shopify admin.

Test Orders

If you're looking to simulate a successful test order, I can walk you through a few options. Just to clarify, with third-party gateways (eg. PayPal or 2Checkout), you will need to process a real order as indicated on the Placing a test order guide. After that, since it's a test order, you can cancel and refund the order. There are two other options for simulating a test order, you can use Shopify's Bogus gateway or the test mode in Shopify Payments (if Shopify Payments is available in your country).

To use the Bogus Gateway, you can enable this gateway under Settings > Payment providers and it can be found in the list of third-party gateways. After that, you'll need to use the following details to simulate a successful order:

21-11-dy37s-dbpi5

If Shopify Payments is available for you and you'd like to use the test mode, you can enable the test mode under Settings > Payment providers and click manage for Shopify Payments. There's a box to enable the test mode functionality. After that, you can use the following cards numbers to simulate a successful transaction:

21-11-aom8l-e47mj

Important Note: Generally, it's not advisable to put your checkout in test mode when your site is live; If you were to have your payment gateway in test mode and a customer was wanting to buy something at that time, the customer wouldn’t be able to complete their purchase. Obviously, this would result in a lost sale, which is what we want to avoid.

Otherwise, how is the rest of your store coming along? It sounds like you are getting ready to launch your store! Have you developed a Marketing plan yet? The Shopify Blog has a lot of articles with great ideas of how to increase traffic and sales to your store. Hopefully, it’s helpful in determining what will work best for your business!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

evomshop
4 0 0

Hello,

first of all thank you for your reply.

i want to tell you that when i made an order , i didn't see  Shopify's order confirmation screen after paying for the order, and i didn't receive an order confirmation email. I just received a confirmation msg from PayPal.

so shall the PayPal email be the same one that i accredited in the shopify store to ensure the connection between PayPal and shopify or it is not a core problem??

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Thanks for providing further context @evomshop.

When a customer pays with PayPal Express, only the transaction is handled through this gateway; the order itself is processed and fulfilled through Shopify. If you do not see the order at all in the Orders list and if you did not receive an order confirmation email then my next suggestion would be to check your Abandoned Checkout section of your Shopify Admin:

21-11-60rgy-kcfu2

Sometimes if a customer is using a third-party payment gateway like Paypal, they may close their checkout window too soon, leave the website too soon, or otherwise fails to reach the "thank you" page after payment. This will result in a code being sent to our system that the checkout was abandoned.

Another possibility is that the third-party gateway took too long to send the proper response back to us. In these cases, the payment would go through on their end, but we didn't receive the required info in the required time window. Instead of waiting indefinitely, we turn the checkout into an abandoned checkout. Either way, this is not due to a Shopify technical issue but is the result of a third party not informing us in time that the order was processed. To mitigate this, it's important to not close the window until the order is confirmed.

In the meantime, if you can confirm that you've received the payment through Paypal and an abandoned cart exists in your store admin in Shopify, then you can always recreate the abandoned cart as a draft order, mark it down as paid, and fulfill from there.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog