Solved

Can a minor use a parent's ID for Shopify payments?

Jadeshomedesign
5 0 0

in able to get payments i need to get my moms photo ID and payment information sent through in place of mine because im not 18. It says the photo ID and name of the account need to be the same how do I fix this ?

Accepted Solution (1)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Jadeshomedesign!

It sounds like your Shopify Payments information might need to be updated to list your mom's name. If you had originally entered your own information when you set up Shopify Payments, our Merchant Tax Support team can help you update it for now so that the information matches the ID you're uploading for verification purposes.

Please get in touch with Shopify Support through the Shopify Help Center (select live chat, email, or callback) and we'll connect you with the Merchant Tax Support team.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Jadeshomedesign!

It sounds like your Shopify Payments information might need to be updated to list your mom's name. If you had originally entered your own information when you set up Shopify Payments, our Merchant Tax Support team can help you update it for now so that the information matches the ID you're uploading for verification purposes.

Please get in touch with Shopify Support through the Shopify Help Center (select live chat, email, or callback) and we'll connect you with the Merchant Tax Support team.

Jadeshomedesign
5 0 0

I would like to update my payment 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

No problem. Since this is sensitive account information, the request needs to come through the Shopify Help Center in the interest of your account security.

When you contact our support team via live chat, email, or callback here in the Shopify Help Center, let them know that you need the Merchant Tax Support team to help you update your Shopify Payments information and they'll get the process started for you.