Payments

mohsin-alt
2 0 0

I created a dummy store to check something, I forgot to cancel subscription Now when I cancel subscription adn close store they(shopify)  ask me to pay. Is there any way to get out of it 

Replies 3 (3)
Elias
Shopify Staff
1429 137 214

Hey, @mohsin-alt.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand that you created a dummy store to check something on Shopify and now you're unable to close the store. The reason for this is because the trial expired and you may have selected a plan during the trial, so an invoice has been issued by the system. Nevertheless, since you haven't entered any credit card information, you can simply ignore the invoice and let the store freeze itself. 

Once a store is frozen, it can be considered as good as closed. However, if you decide to reactivate a frozen shop later on, then you would need to pay this invoice - as this is the fee for the first month after the trial. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mohsin-alt
2 0 0

I entered the credit card details. Now what to do please help

Elias
Shopify Staff
1429 137 214

Hey, @mohsin-alt.

Thank you for following up!

If you've entered a credit card, then your store may be charged for the subscription. However, this should allow you to close your store properly. If you close your store within 7-days of this charge, then our Support team can also look into reversing the charges for you. To get in touch with our Support team through live chat, email, or callback, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog