Solved

Payout bank account - Change of details

adamct
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

I need to change the bank details of my payout bank account, but I don't have my old account number and sort code. The old account was web based and has been deleted due to lack of use while I was building my Shopify store. I have no way of finding out the old details that are normally required to update the account number and sort.

Could a Shopify rep please assist? 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @adamct

Thanks for your post! I can certainly help you out. Can you double check the following to see if you can access the information you need?  

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

If you're unable to retrieve these details, please check your email as I have sent you a message with the next steps to take. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello! 

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for reaching out. 

We'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue.

While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies 103 (103)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @adamct

Thanks for your post! I can certainly help you out. Can you double check the following to see if you can access the information you need?  

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

If you're unable to retrieve these details, please check your email as I have sent you a message with the next steps to take. 

adamct
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you @Ren for responding so quickly - I have replied to the email.

RandyB
Tourist
4 0 1
Hello

I can’t find my old account information as I closed this account but need to update a new bank account to recieve payouts, how do I do this?
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @RandyB

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you confirm you were unable to find the old number by any of the following measures: 

If you're unable to retrieve these details, that's okay. I have reached out via email to provide you the next steps! 

Thanks, 

MikeDelphino
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi 

We have the same issue, please could you reset our bank account? we don't have anymore access to the bank account numbers.

Thank you very much for your help

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @MikeDelphino

Thanks for reaching out. I have sent you a secure email to get the process of resolving this for you started. Please respond via email as directed. 

Cheers, 

Day
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Ren 

I also don't have access to the old routing and account number. I've called paypal several times to get this information, but it's lost now. If I could get that email as well that would be great. 

Thank you so much 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Day 

To clarify, are you trying to change your Shopify Payments bank account details or your PayPal email/account? If it's the Shopify Payment bank details, please be sure you've exhausted the following first: 

If so, we can proceed with a secure email to get you helped out. 

In the event this is regarding PayPal changes, you should be able to do this by going to Settings > Payments and under PayPal Checkout, deactivate your account then log-in to PayPal with the new account. It should redirect you to the PayPal site to proceed with activating it. 

Day
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm trying to change my bank account details for payouts.  I used the routing and account number of my paypal but  now it's different and I don't have the old info. @Ren 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Thanks for clarifying, @Day. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email to get the ball rolling on an escalation for you. Please follow the directions in your response and we can proceed from there. 

namebitz
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm having the same problem please help me

thanks

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @namebitz

Thanks so much for reaching out, I'm happy to help you out. I have sent you a secure email with further instruction. Please respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there! 

YohomaYami
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem if you could please reach out to me via email.

quaylamae21
Visitor
3 0 0
Yes I need help
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

I have responded to your query above and have sent along the secure email! 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Thanks for reaching out @YohomaYami!

I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please respond as directed when you get a chance and I can continue to support you from there.

HARDLIFE
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ren,

I'm experiencing the same issue. Can you please help?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @HARDLIFE

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. Please check your email when you get a chance for my secure email requesting some additional information. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to support you from there.

quaylamae21
Visitor
3 0 0
I sent my government id
nicoleta00
7 0 0

Hello, I have the same problem. My old bank information is connected to my Shopify, and I want to change to my new bank. It won't allow me to do that unless I provide the information from my old bank, and I don't have that. I have received one sale, and it was paid to the bank account that I don't have access to. Please help, I need to fix it asap.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @nicoleta00

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear that you lost a payout to your old account. I'd love to help you out here. Please check your email for a secure message requesting some further details from you. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to assist you from there. 

lbraun
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I have the same issue. I didn't change my bank account so I'm pretty sure there was a typo when I first inserted the bank account number. I need this resolved asap, please. Thanks 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @lbraun

Ren here from the Shopify support team, I'd love to help you out. Please check your email for a secure message from me asking for some additional details. Once the ownership of your store has been verified I can continue to support you in the bank account number changes via email. 

WaaahLifeStyle
Visitor
1 0 0

When I input my old account info it tells me it’s incorrect. I have triple checked. As I have no more access to that account I’m looking to change it now to a new account 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @WaaahLifeStyle

Ren here from the Shopify support team. Thanks for getting in touch. I have gone ahead and emailed you with some further instructions. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the store, I can continue to support you from there. 

ShayeGina
Visitor
2 0 0

Please email me as i am unable to locate the old account 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @ShayeGina

Ren here from the Shopify support team, happy to help you out. Please check for a secure email requesting some additional details. Once your ownership of the account has been verified I can continue to securely support you via email with your bank account change request. 

Jidite1992
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi 

We have the same issue, please could you reset our bank account? we don't have anymore access to the bank account numbers.

Thank you very much for your help

frnmy213
Visitor
2 0 0

I don’t know if their helping anyone in this forum anymore. I haven’t seen a response in some time. We need help fixing our payouts as our account information is unavailable for us to verify. Please help Shopify.

khxos
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Ren7, my name is Anderson and I'm having the same issue that @adamct is having. I've tried contacting my both my banks and no one can help me get the old information. Would you be able to help me in the same way?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @khxos

Thanks for reaching out, I can certainly help. I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please follow up as directed and we can proceed with an escalation to our Accounts team to help you out. 

Mikenado
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi @Ren 

I'm having the same issue as everyone else is. I find it curious that i'm being asked to update my bank details when I haven't changed them in years. 

i can't get access what I entered into on my account to be able to change it but i do have the information required. 

Hopefully you can provide me with assistance 

Michael

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi there, 

Thank you for your message! We can certainly help you out. I have sent a secure email to get the ball rolling on this for you. Please respond as directed and we can move forward from there. If you have any questions, feel free to add them to your email or respond here. 

Bonny_Forant
6 0 0

Can you send me the same email please. Thank you.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Bonny_Forant & @Meserwaa

Thank you both for getting in touch. As long as you have exhausted the list noted at the beginning of the thread (I will include it below), then we can certainly proceed via email. It's always recommended to make sure you definitely cannot access the old bank number since this would be the fastest way of getting yourself set up with a new account. 

I have reached out to you both via email to move forward should the above steps not result in finding a valid bank account number to work with. 

Mikenado
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey Ren

I responded to your email. Just waiting on a response.

Thank you

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

@Mikenado,

Thank you! I have sent your request for help along to our Accounts team. Please allow 24-72 hours for them to review and process the request. You can expect any follow up via email directly. 

Mely09
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello , 

I'm having the same issue. I can not update my payout account due to not having the old account #. I am almost 100 % sure it was a typo on my end. Can i have some help please !! Thanks 🙂 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Mely09

Thanks for reaching out, I'd love to help. Please check your email for a secure message with further detail and instruction. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the store I can continue to support you from there. 

ProudPapa
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello @Ren , 

I am having the same issue as the users on this thread. Can you please assist? I have moved and no longer have access to the old account information. 

kyleyeoman
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 

I also do not have the old bank account information to change the payout. How can I resolve this?

Thank you,

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hey @kyleyeoman

Thanks for reaching out, I'm happy to help you here. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there. 

Thank you! 

BodyByShi
Visitor
2 0 0

Can you help me as well. I cannot receive my payouts. I entered my bank Information unknowingly incorrectly. All I want to do is enter my information correctly and it wont let me. Shopify is holding over $200 of my money and need it to purchase more inventory for my store. I really need this fixed ASAP.

namebitz
Visitor
3 0 0

Please please! i need to change my banking info I tried your instructions I never got a reply!

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @namebitz

No worries at all, I got your information and I have forwarded it to our Accounts team. The ticket is open and pending so please keep an eye out for a response from the team asap. 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @BodyByShi

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. Please keep an eye out for a secure email with further instruction. When you have a chance, please respond as directed and I will be able to support you further from there after verifying your ownership of the account. Thank you!

BeautyPhernalia
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi 

We have the same issue, please could you reset our bank account? we don't have anymore access to the bank account numbers. we are trying to rebrand and sales are coming in as we speak

Thank you in advance for your help

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @BeautyPhernalia

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I'll do my best to help get your new account set-up asap as I understand you have sales coming in right now. In order to proceed, I will need to first verify your ownership of the account. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email to gather some more details from you.

Once verified, I can continue to support you via email. I'll look forward to your response.

VickRom
9 0 0
This is beyond frustrating. You have over $400 in payments from my customer that you claim cannot be transferred and, ONCE AGAIN. I KEEP COMMUNICATING THAT I cannot reset accounts if I can’t replicate the account that you say is incorrect.

You have an uncanny way of not accepting responsibility to solve customers’ problems.

This will surely go into another black hole, as it has since August. No resolution! No Response. I will figure out how to share this with your CEO. Hopefully, someone out there in Shopify Land gives a damn.

Andy

AFRArt2u.com