Payout missing

KarisAndCo
1 0 0

I am missing 1 of 3 payouts. Nothing is showing in my account pending or otherwise. Can someone assist me please?

Reply 1 (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
483 72 81

Hey @KarisAndCo!

Are you using Shopify Payments as your payment gateway? One of the more common reasons for a missing payout from a particular gateway is if you have another payment provider enabled on your account, and your customer chose to pay via the other option.

For example, if you have Paypal AND Shopify Payments enabled on your account, and your customers chose to pay via Paypal for a few orders, then the payments would have been processed by Paypal and deposited into your Paypal account. Therefore, those amounts would not be included in your Shopify Payments payout. Does that make sense?

Do you recall if you have any other payment gateways enabled in your store? You can check by going to Settings > Payments.

Another quick way to see where the funds from those orders were processed is to look at the payment history of the order. To do this, please go to Orders from your Shopify admin, and click on one of the orders in question. Scroll down to the Timeline of the order, and you will see how the order was paid for, and through which gateway it was processed. (Clicking on the small arrow next to the timeline event, as seen below, will provide the full details of the transaction).

21-10-p4jvk-r0gp9

For further guidance, take a look at our help doc below:

Please let me know if you're still unable to locate your payout or have any further questions about this!

Otherwise, how are things going with the rest of your store? I don't know if you have anything planned for BFCM this year, but now is the time to make some preparations! BFCM is a great time to work on a marketing strategy to convert more sales for your store. But one thing to keep in mind is that this can also be an opportunity for you to get some new customers that you can retain through the increase of traffic that comes to your store. 10 Things That Retain Customers is a great resource that will give you actionable steps that you can work on to ensure that you do everything that you can to retain the new customers that you make in this time - therefore all your hard work planning your marketing strategy can continue to benefit you down the line.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog