Payout sent to closed bank account

Solved
switcheries
Excursionist
26 0 6

Hi,

I need help with my Shopify payout, it was transferred to a closed Payoneer bank account. The account was closed on 19th and the payout was sent on 20th & 21st. It has been 5 business days and it's still said 'PAID' in my payout status. It hasn't been returned or anything, so I'm very confused as we need to settle this urgently. I have talked to the live supports and the only thing they said is that if the account is closed, the money should be returned from the bank etc. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @switcheries,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question, thanks for reaching out as I know this can seem stressful, but we are here to help. When something like this happens, it can take 10 business days to come back as failed. If it's not come back as failed in 10 business days it would need to get sent to our finance team to look into this for you. They will get a trace ID to give to you to bring to your  banks customer support to help find the funds. To reach our finance team if this is indeed the case, you would need to contact our primary support channels here. Currently we are unable to investigate account specific queries via the community for privacy and security reasons.  

A few other things to remember and note about this. When reaching out to your bank about a missing payout, request to speak with the ACH or Transfers department; they will likely have the ability to search for a specific transfer. And in most cases, the payout is indeed in the right place but the bank has yet to populate it on your statement which can lead to confusion. Usually, after a bit of time passes the funds are visible on the statement. 

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask any follow up questions in a reply to me here if you have any! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @switcheries,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question, thanks for reaching out as I know this can seem stressful, but we are here to help. When something like this happens, it can take 10 business days to come back as failed. If it's not come back as failed in 10 business days it would need to get sent to our finance team to look into this for you. They will get a trace ID to give to you to bring to your  banks customer support to help find the funds. To reach our finance team if this is indeed the case, you would need to contact our primary support channels here. Currently we are unable to investigate account specific queries via the community for privacy and security reasons.  

A few other things to remember and note about this. When reaching out to your bank about a missing payout, request to speak with the ACH or Transfers department; they will likely have the ability to search for a specific transfer. And in most cases, the payout is indeed in the right place but the bank has yet to populate it on your statement which can lead to confusion. Usually, after a bit of time passes the funds are visible on the statement. 

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask any follow up questions in a reply to me here if you have any! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog