Payout still in ''pending'' state even though it is the payout date

Payout still in ''pending'' state even though it is the payout date

Zox
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, I can't seem to be getting support for this anywhere(emailed the internal team, talked to support advisors) so I wanted to try my chance here too.

My Shopify Payments was deactivated a few days ago due to product eligibility issues which is fine, I don't mind. 

In the email I received, I was told my outstanding payouts will be transferred to my bank regardless but I will not be able to process payments using Shopify Payments.

I have a payout due today but it is still in ''scheduled/pending'' state. I have used Shopify in the past too and this was never the case with any payout. My payouts were ALWAYS in transit the day before the payout day or atleast after midnight. This is probably happening due to my Shopify Payments being deactivated but then again the team had told me that I will receive the outstanding funds either way.

Any help is appreciated.

Zox_0-1707153296416.png

Replies 7 (7)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2396 257 529

Hey, @Zox 

Just to confirm, community isn't an authenticated support channel so I wouldn't have access to your account directly. However, I have some general context I can offer:

Transactions marked as Pending are for sales that you've made, but that haven't been sent to your bank account yet. The Payout Date for pending transactions is an estimate only. It's possible the recent deactivation of Shopify Payments may have delayed the payout longer than what you are typically accustomed to. I'd recommend monitoring it over the next 24 hours to see if the status changes. From there, your best course of action would be to get back in contact with our payments team who informed you of the deactivation as they would be able to assist you further regarding the payout statuses.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Zox
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for your reply, and just to be sure, as the team said, the outstanding funds will indeed be transferred to my bank account correct? I don't want to lose these funds as they are important for me.

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2396 257 529

Gotcha! Like I said I don't have access to your account to give you a definitive answer. However, since you have received comms from our payments team that your payouts will be transferred to the bank account, you can be assured that they will get to you.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 

wi346
8 0 0

Hello, did you received your payouts? i am facing the same issue right now and i am confused.

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2275 154 263

Hi there, @wi346.

Thanks for reaching out and posting to the Shopify Community.

Pending payouts usually mean the funds are scheduled but haven't been transferred yet. This could be due to a recent change in your payout settings or a delay like a bank issue. If you've recently switched your payout schedule, the funds will be delayed until the next payout date under the new schedule. Also, if there's a failed transfer, you might see a "Failed payout" banner in your Shopify admin, prompting you to update your bank details or retry the payout. 

If you'd like our team to take a more detailed look, you can reach out to the Shopify Help Center to connect with a Support Advisor.

Victoria | Shopify 

wi346
8 0 0

Ok, but why it says the 15th July but it still pending and no payout was sent to my bank?

Greta
Shopify Staff
1212 126 154

Hi, @wi346!

Since I'm not able to investigate this issue over the Community forums, I recommend contacting our live support team. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Head over to the Help Center.
  2. Enter the details of your question into the chat assistant.
  3. Wait for the chat assistant's response and click I still need help.
  4. Follow the prompts to be connected with a Support Advisor. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify